Posted to rec.food.preserving
jake

Default Dinner was a new invention

I tried something new and it worked:

Lentil Salad
cooked brown lentils
roasted red bell peppers, diced
diced onions, gently fried in mustard oil
fried smoked bacon (cut into small pieces)
balsamic vinegar
salt, pepper

Sorry, I winged it, so I have no measurements for you.

Served at room temperature.
It had been a while I'd invented something new. i liked the way this
tasted. Spring onions would have worked, too. And parsley. Something
green would have made it look better. But I didn't have any