The Cook

Default Jelly

I just got 2 gallons of grapes today. A gallon each of blue
muscadines and bronze scuppernongs. Right now the Mehu Liisa is busy
with the muscadines. Think I will freeze the juice since I have too
much to do right now. After the company leaves.

While the juice is dripping I need to wash Tabasco and Cayenne peppers
and get them in the freezer. Supposed to rain next week after several
week of none.

--
Susan N.

William R. Watt

The Cook ) writes:

>... Supposed to rain next week after several
> week of none.

The dry weather should have raised the sugar level of the grapes.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm
commercialcanner

And good sweet flavorful grapes should shine forth in jelly. When the
time comes to put them up try using low sugar pectin and reducing the
sugar by taste. CC

Alan Holmes

"commercialcanner" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> And good sweet flavorful grapes should shine forth in jelly. When the
> time comes to put them up try using low sugar pectin and reducing the
> sugar by taste. CC

It must be jelly cos jam don't shake like that!

Quote from some singer from 50 years ago!

--
Alan

Reply to alan (dot) holmes27 (at) virgin (dot) net

zxcvbob

Alan Holmes wrote:

> It must be jelly cos jam don't shake like that!
>
> Quote from some singer from 50 years ago!

I think it's more like 70 years ago, but I can't quite recall the artist.

-Bob

William R. Watt

zxcvbob ) writes:
> Alan Holmes wrote:
> >
>> It must be jelly cos jam don't shake like that!
>>
>> Quote from some singer from 50 years ago!
>>

> I think it's more like 70 years ago, but I can't quite recall the artist.

a Google search shows it's been used and reused, most recently in the
title of a scientific lecture on astonomy

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm

Jelly, jelly & more jelly. Ross@home Preserving 4 27-07-2012 06:01 AM
I Like Jelly Pie [email protected] General Cooking 1 20-01-2006 07:22 PM
Jelly Bean Jelly (Jam) alandem Beer 3 27-01-2005 03:03 AM
Jelly Bean Jelly (Jam) alandem Chocolate 0 25-01-2005 04:00 PM
Jelly Palm jelly? TM Preserving 8 26-07-2004 10:47 PM