hello

Default freezing hot sauce, methods and ????

hello,

does the group have any suggestions as hot to freeze hot sauce, ok, before
the really helpful answers come rolling in.
yes, I have a freezer. I would like to freeze in a container that I can
remove the frozen hot sauce from easily and slide into a food saver bags and
seal up for the freezer. I am looking for previous user knowledge of the
most efficient method to do this. in the past, I have used old beer glasses,
small at bottom, large at top, then just slide it out into a bag and seal,
if the sauce is not frozen, it is a nightmare trying to get the bag to draw
some sort of vacuum. so I am looking for a better idea or way. thanks

The Joneses

hello wrote:

> hello,
>
> does the group have any suggestions as hot to freeze hot sauce, ok, before
> the really helpful answers come rolling in.
> yes, I have a freezer. I would like to freeze in a container that I can
> remove the frozen hot sauce from easily and slide into a food saver bags and
> seal up for the freezer. I am looking for previous user knowledge of the
> most efficient method to do this. in the past, I have used old beer glasses,
> small at bottom, large at top, then just slide it out into a bag and seal,
> if the sauce is not frozen, it is a nightmare trying to get the bag to draw
> some sort of vacuum. so I am looking for a better idea or way. thanks

I freeze fresh pico de gallo in ice cube trays. I believe each cube holds about
3 oz liquid. When frizzed, plop some in ziplock bag, take out what's needed a
little at a time. But foodsaver a big batch. One can buy largemouth pint mason
jars for freezing/canning which are a bit tapered. Half pints IIRC are not
tapered, but straight sided. One could freeze, then run warm or cool water, not
hot, to loosen the outer edge to slip the frozen sauce out. I froze peaches this
year in a few plastic sandwich boxes which are a bit flexible, square shaped and
hold *exactly* 2 cups. Might be a good idear to buy those disposable containers
for the cheaper price until you find the shape you like. And the food pops out
like ice cubes.
Good luck. Didja ever make red enchilada sauce? I use the recipe on the back of
a sack of dried chiles. Basically stem, seed & soak dried peppers in a little
boiling water or stock. Food mill same or puree in blender with stock. Food mill
takes off unpleasant outer skin. Saute onion & garlic in OO, add puree, (I add a
little cinnamon, cumin and oregano), simmer 30 min. Freeze in half pint jars or
ice cube trays. I use mine over scrambled eggs, cassaroles, mac&cheese, and it
makes a nice base for chili con carne.
Edrena

BinaryBill

cool your sauce and pour into those little plastic containers lined with
plastic wrap.Put in freezer, when solid remove from container and put into
vacumn bags and seal.
m...