Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Freezing Aioli Sauce

Not mine, I'm asking for someone else. It has pesto in it, mayo, egg
yoik, dry mustard, lemon juice. They want to know if it can be frozen.
If it's not a real aioli sauce, don't shoot the messenger.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - good news 4-6-2009
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> Not mine, I'm asking for someone else. It has pesto in it, mayo, egg
> yoik, dry mustard, lemon juice. They want to know if it can be frozen.
> If it's not a real aioli sauce, don't shoot the messenger.

I haven't had any luck at all in freezing and re-thawing anything
containing mayo, so I'd recommend against it.

Serene

--
42 Magazine, celebrating life with meaning. Inaugural issue is here!
http://42magazine.com

"But here's a handy hint: if your fabulous theory for ending war and
all other human conflict will not survive an online argument with
humourless feminists who are not afraid to throw rape around as an
example, your theory needs work." -- Aqua, alt.polyamory
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 20:27:15 -0700, Serene Vannoy
> wrote:

>Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> Not mine, I'm asking for someone else. It has pesto in it, mayo, egg
>> yoik, dry mustard, lemon juice. They want to know if it can be frozen.
>> If it's not a real aioli sauce, don't shoot the messenger.
>>

>I haven't had any luck at all in freezing and re-thawing anything
>containing mayo, so I'd recommend against it.
>
>Serene

I would say the same thing. Pesto by itself can be frozen, but mayo...

Nathalie in Switzerland
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Nathalie Chiva <Nathaliedotchivaatgmail.remove.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 20:27:15 -0700, Serene Vannoy
> > wrote:
>
> >Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> >> Not mine, I'm asking for someone else. It has pesto in it, mayo, egg
> >> yoik, dry mustard, lemon juice. They want to know if it can be frozen.
> >> If it's not a real aioli sauce, don't shoot the messenger.
> >>

> >I haven't had any luck at all in freezing and re-thawing anything
> >containing mayo, so I'd recommend against it.
> >
> >Serene

> I would say the same thing. Pesto by itself can be frozen, but mayo...
>
> Nathalie in Switzerland

OKay, Serene & Nathalie -- I'll pass it on.
Thanks.
-B

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - good news 4-6-2009
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle."
-Philo of Alexandria
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene Vannoy wrote:
> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> Not mine, I'm asking for someone else. It has pesto in it, mayo, egg
>> yoik, dry mustard, lemon juice. They want to know if it can be frozen.
>> If it's not a real aioli sauce, don't shoot the messenger.
>>

> I haven't had any luck at all in freezing and re-thawing anything
> containing mayo, so I'd recommend against it.
>
> Serene

Same with egg yoiks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 08:08:40 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>I read somewhere, too, that it will keep a long time in the fridge.

Well, garlic is an antibiotic of sorts, so yes :-)

Nathalie in Switzerland

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Jun 16, 6:56*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
wrote:
> Not mine, I'm asking for someone else. *It has pesto in it, mayo, egg
> yoik, dry mustard, lemon juice. *They want to know if it can be frozen.
> If it's not a real aioli sauce, don't shoot the messenger.

Just for reference, here's an excellent description of how to make
aioli:
http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/recipe_aioli.htm
The question of how to store it never comes up because there's never
any left. -aem
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
aem > wrote:

> Just for reference, here's an excellent description of how to make
> aioli:
> http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/recipe_aioli.htm
> The question of how to store it never comes up because there's never
> any left. -aem

Hmmmm. I might try that recipe myself, using the stick blender to
emulsify it. If I get to it, I'll report back. Thanks for the link.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - good news 4-6-2009
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle."
-Philo of Alexandria
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 08:27:51 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article
>,
> aem > wrote:
>
>> Just for reference, here's an excellent description of how to make
>> aioli:
>> http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/recipe_aioli.htm
>> The question of how to store it never comes up because there's never
>> any left. -aem

>Hmmmm. I might try that recipe myself, using the stick blender to
>emulsify it. If I get to it, I'll report back. Thanks for the link.

I've used a stick blender to make aioli. The method works just fine.
My biggest problem is finding the right container, because it needs to
be tall and thin (like a peanut butter jar).

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 08:40:24 -0700 (PDT), aem >
wrote:

>On Jun 16, 6:56*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
>wrote:
>> Not mine, I'm asking for someone else. *It has pesto in it, mayo, egg
>> yoik, dry mustard, lemon juice. *They want to know if it can be frozen.
>> If it's not a real aioli sauce, don't shoot the messenger.
>>

>Just for reference, here's an excellent description of how to make
>aioli:
> http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/recipe_aioli.htm
>The question of how to store it never comes up because there's never
>any left. -aem

Leftover aioli makes a great pasta salad dressing, aem. So if you
ever find yourself with leftovers, now you know what to do with it.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Jun 16, 6:56*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
>wrote:
>> Not mine, I'm asking for someone else. *It has pesto in it, mayo, egg
>> yoik, dry mustard, lemon juice. *They want to know if it can be frozen.
>> If it's not a real aioli sauce, don't shoot the messenger.
>>

>Just for reference, here's an excellent description of how to make
>aioli:
> http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/recipe_aioli.htm
>The question of how to store it never comes up because there's never
>any left. -aem

Well, I read the recipe, it's certainly not an original:
- One egg yolk is more than enough (if you're brave, try it without -
it emulsifies with the crushed garlic, but it's much harder to get
right)
- No mustard (mustard is part of the mayonnaise recipe, but not of
aioli)
- No water.

Nathalie in Switzerland (who made aioli quite a number of times)