Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default The 23rd Annual Schaller Ribbon Report

The results at the 2017 Minnesota State Fair.

Only three blue ribbons this year
Crab apple jelly
raspberry jelly
nectarine jam

Second place
plum jelly
peach jam
bread and butter pickles
watermelon pickles

Third place
Strawberry jelly
apricot jam
Peach jam with Grand Marnier
Stewed tomatoes
Canning with Mrs. Wages (a pectin manufacturer) - a low sugar lemony
apricot jam

I'm off to Day Two today for three media appearances. (They like my
samples, I think. ;-)

Barb
www.barbschaller.com, last update April 2013
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 8/25/2017 8:07 AM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> The results at the 2017 Minnesota State Fair.
>

> Only three blue ribbons this year
>
> Crab apple jelly
>
> raspberry jelly
>
> nectarine jam
>

> Second place
>
> plum jelly
>
> peach jam
>
> bread and butter pickles
>
> watermelon pickles
>

> Third place
>
> Strawberry jelly
>
> apricot jam
>
> Peach jam with Grand Marnier
>
> Stewed tomatoes
>
> Canning with Mrs. Wages (a pectin manufacturer) - a low sugar lemony
> apricot jam
>

> I'm off to Day Two today for three media appearances.(They like my
> samples, I think.;-)

> Barb
>
> www.barbschaller.com, last update April 2013

Send samples so I can see if you're still making good stuff. <G>

As always we figured you would be winning a lot of ribbons again.
Congratulations.

George and Anne
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 08:07:14 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>The results at the 2017 Minnesota State Fair.
>
>Only three blue ribbons this year
> Crab apple jelly
> raspberry jelly
> nectarine jam
>
>Second place
> plum jelly
> peach jam
> bread and butter pickles
> watermelon pickles
>
>Third place
> Strawberry jelly
> apricot jam
> Peach jam with Grand Marnier
> Stewed tomatoes
> Canning with Mrs. Wages (a pectin manufacturer) - a low sugar lemony
>apricot jam
>
>I'm off to Day Two today for three media appearances. (They like my
>samples, I think. ;-)
>
>--

You are Blue Ribbon all the way!
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 2017-08-25 14:10:26 +0000, George Shirley said:

> On 8/25/2017 8:07 AM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> The results at the 2017 Minnesota State Fair.
>>

>> Only three blue ribbons this year
>>
>> Crab apple jelly
>>
>> raspberry jelly
>>
>> nectarine jam
>>

>> Second place
>>
>> plum jelly
>>
>> peach jam
>>
>> bread and butter pickles
>>
>> watermelon pickles
>>

>> Third place
>>
>> Strawberry jelly
>>
>> apricot jam
>>
>> Peach jam with Grand Marnier
>>
>> Stewed tomatoes
>>
>> Canning with Mrs. Wages (a pectin manufacturer) - a low sugar lemony
>> apricot jam
>>

>> I'm off to Day Two today for three media appearances.(They like my
>> samples, I think.;-)
>>

>> --
>>
>> --
>>
>> Barb
>>
>> www.barbschaller.com, last update April 2013
>>

> Send samples so I can see if you're still making good stuff. <G>
>
> As always we figured you would be winning a lot of ribbons again.
> Congratulations.
>
> George and Anne

Thanks, Jorge. Give my love to Miz Anne. And you have a birthday
coming, do you not?
Barb
www.barbschaller.com, last update April 2013

Posted to rec.food.preserving

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> The results at the 2017 Minnesota State Fair.
>
> Only three blue ribbons this year
> Crab apple jelly
> raspberry jelly
> nectarine jam
>
> Second place
> plum jelly
> peach jam
> bread and butter pickles
> watermelon pickles
>
> Third place
> Strawberry jelly
> apricot jam
> Peach jam with Grand Marnier
> Stewed tomatoes
> Canning with Mrs. Wages (a pectin manufacturer) - a low sugar lemony
> apricot jam
>
> I'm off to Day Two today for three media appearances. (They like my
> samples, I think. ;-)

mmM samples!

congrats Barb!

songbird

Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 8/25/2017 8:29 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> On 2017-08-25 14:10:26 +0000, George Shirley said:
>
>> On 8/25/2017 8:07 AM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>>> The results at the 2017 Minnesota State Fair.
>>>

>>> Only three blue ribbons this year
>>>
>>> Crab apple jelly
>>>
>>> raspberry jelly
>>>
>>> nectarine jam
>>>

>>> Second place
>>>
>>> plum jelly
>>>
>>> peach jam
>>>
>>> bread and butter pickles
>>>
>>> watermelon pickles
>>>

>>> Third place
>>>
>>> Strawberry jelly
>>>
>>> apricot jam
>>>
>>> Peach jam with Grand Marnier
>>>
>>> Stewed tomatoes
>>>
>>> Canning with Mrs. Wages (a pectin manufacturer) - a low sugar lemony
>>> apricot jam
>>>

>>> I'm off to Day Two today for three media appearances.(They like my
>>> samples, I think.;-)
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Barb
>>>
>>> www.barbschaller.com, last update April 2013
>>>

>> Send samples so I can see if you're still making good stuff. <G>
>>
>> As always we figured you would be winning a lot of ribbons again.
>> Congratulations.
>>
>> George and Anne

> Thanks, Jorge.Â* Give my love to Miz Anne.Â* And you have a birthday
> coming, do you not?

Yup, September 23 I will be 78 years old. The only male in my family who
made to older than I am was my Uncle Gussie Hines Shirley, made it to
90. I don't think I am going to beat him.

Thunder and lightning is going on this morning as the hurricane is
coming ashore. We appreciate the rain, we hide from the lightning, and
we hope we aren't blown away.

George, Miz Anne, and Tilly Dawg, watching God's Fireworks
Posted to rec.food.preserving

Congratulations, Barb! How awesome is that?

Nellie
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 2017-08-25 14:21:53 +0000, Boron said:

> On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 08:07:14 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> > wrote:
>
>> The results at the 2017 Minnesota State Fair.
>>
>> Only three blue ribbons this year
>> Crab apple jelly
>> raspberry jelly
>> nectarine jam
>>
>> Second place
>> plum jelly
>> peach jam
>> bread and butter pickles
>> watermelon pickles
>>
>> Third place
>> Strawberry jelly
>> apricot jam
>> Peach jam with Grand Marnier
>> Stewed tomatoes
>> Canning with Mrs. Wages (a pectin manufacturer) - a low sugar lemony
>> apricot jam
>>
>> I'm off to Day Two today for three media appearances. (They like my
>> samples, I think. ;-)
>>
>> --

> You are Blue Ribbon all the way!

Aw, shucks, Ma'am. 'Twere a summer of work! Thanks.

Barb
www.barbschaller.com, last update April 2013

Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 2017-08-26 21:03:00 +0000, Nellie said:

> Congratulations, Barb! How awesome is that?
>
> Nellie

I'm okay with it. More would have been swell; I always hope for one.