Posted to rec.food.cooking, rec.food.preserving

Default The 22nd Annual Schaller Ribbon Report

This is, I believe, the 22nd ANNUAL SCHALLER RIBBON REPORT.

TA DA!! I have nine €” count "em NINE €” blue ribbons at the 2016
Minnesota State Fair, the best state fair in our state: BLUE: Cherry
Jelly, Crab Apple Jelly, Nectarine Jam, Apricot Butter, Chili Sauce,
Cherry Chipotle Relish, Spiced Cherry Amaretto Jam, AND Bread & Butter
Pickles !! W00t! Not sure if the Cherry Amaretto Jam or the Gedney
Relish will count towards being the Champeen. Raspberry Jam was SECOND,
and Blackberry Jelly, Blackberry Jam, and Rhubarb Jam were THIRD.
Cherry Jam was FOURTH. Ill take "em!
Barb
www.barbschaller.com, last update April 2013

Posted to rec.food.preserving

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> This is, I believe, the 22nd ANNUAL SCHALLER RIBBON REPORT.
>
> TA DA!! I have nine €” count "em NINE €” blue ribbons at the 2016
> Minnesota State Fair, the best state fair in our state: BLUE: Cherry
> Jelly, Crab Apple Jelly, Nectarine Jam, Apricot Butter, Chili Sauce,
> Cherry Chipotle Relish, Spiced Cherry Amaretto Jam, AND Bread & Butter
> Pickles !! W00t! Not sure if the Cherry Amaretto Jam or the Gedney
> Relish will count towards being the Champeen. Raspberry Jam was SECOND,
> and Blackberry Jelly, Blackberry Jam, and Rhubarb Jam were THIRD.
> Cherry Jam was FOURTH. Ill take "em!

congrats

we juiced some tomaters today. two more buckets to go
but we're relaxing this evening so they will get done
in the morning.

songbird
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> This is, I believe, the 22nd ANNUAL SCHALLER RIBBON REPORT.
>
> TA DA!! I have nine - count 'em NINE - blue ribbons at the 2016
> Minnesota State Fair, the best state fair in our state: BLUE: Cherry
> Jelly, Crab Apple Jelly, Nectarine Jam, Apricot Butter, Chili Sauce,
> Cherry Chipotle Relish, Spiced Cherry Amaretto Jam, AND Bread & Butter
> Pickles !! W00t! Not sure if the Cherry Amaretto Jam or the Gedney
> Relish will count towards being the Champeen. Raspberry Jam was SECOND,
> and Blackberry Jelly, Blackberry Jam, and Rhubarb Jam were THIRD.
> Cherry Jam was FOURTH. I'll take 'em!

Yet another dismal failure, I see... and for the same reason as before -
pigheadedness! A submision of the one and only Barb's Beety Beauty -
the Jelly of the Stars could have got you all the blue ribbons!
Shameful, really...

Bubba
Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving

On 8/26/2016 4:40 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> This is, I believe, the 22nd ANNUAL SCHALLER RIBBON REPORT.
>
> TA DA!! I have nine €” count "em NINE €” blue ribbons at the 2016
> Minnesota State Fair, the best state fair in our state: BLUE: Cherry
> Jelly, Crab Apple Jelly, Nectarine Jam, Apricot Butter, Chili Sauce,
> Cherry Chipotle Relish, Spiced Cherry Amaretto Jam, AND Bread & Butter
> Pickles !! W00t! Not sure if the Cherry Amaretto Jam or the Gedney
> Relish will count towards being the Champeen. Raspberry Jam was SECOND,
> and Blackberry Jelly, Blackberry Jam, and Rhubarb Jam were THIRD. Cherry
> Jam was FOURTH. Ill take "em!

Congrats!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 2016-08-26 23:47:26 +0000, Sqwertz said:

> On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 15:40:03 -0500, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
>> This is, I believe, the 22nd ANNUAL SCHALLER RIBBON REPORT.
>>
>> TA DA!! I have nine €” count "em NINE €” blue ribbons at the 2016
>> Minnesota State Fair, the best state fair in our state: BLUE: Cherry
>> Jelly, Crab Apple Jelly, Nectarine Jam, Apricot Butter, Chili Sauce,
>> Cherry Chipotle Relish, Spiced Cherry Amaretto Jam, AND Bread & Butter
>> Pickles !!

> Would I be anal is I said that was only 8?
>
> That's still pretty damned good though, PPotP! ;-)
>
> -sw

It was a test. First place also for Raspberry Jelly. 😁😜😱
Barb
www.barbschaller.com, last update April 2013

Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 2016-08-27 00:51:50 +0000, Victor Sack said:

> Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
>
>> This is, I believe, the 22nd ANNUAL SCHALLER RIBBON REPORT.
>>
>> TA DA!! I have nine - count 'em NINE - blue ribbons at the 2016
>> Minnesota State Fair, the best state fair in our state: BLUE: Cherry
>> Jelly, Crab Apple Jelly, Nectarine Jam, Apricot Butter, Chili Sauce,
>> Cherry Chipotle Relish, Spiced Cherry Amaretto Jam, AND Bread & Butter
>> Pickles !! W00t! Not sure if the Cherry Amaretto Jam or the Gedney
>> Relish will count towards being the Champeen. Raspberry Jam was SECOND,
>> and Blackberry Jelly, Blackberry Jam, and Rhubarb Jam were THIRD.
>> Cherry Jam was FOURTH. I'll take 'em!

> Yet another dismal failure, I see... and for the same reason as before -
> pigheadedness! A submision of the one and only Barb's Beety Beauty -
> the Jelly of the Stars could have got you all the blue ribbons!
> Shameful, really...
>
> Bubba

Hey, Bubba Vic! I owe you about four letters! <hangs head in shame>
I made two jars of the Pickles Boiled Dirt Chunks but after being shut
out last year with them, I decided to lay back. And the Beet
Jelly....I don't know that they would allow it inasmuch as it contains
powdered Kool-Aid (to mask the dirt taste, I'm pretty sure).
Ptthhhggbbttt!

Barb
www.barbschaller.com, last update April 2013

Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 2016-08-27 02:15:38 +0000, jmcquown said:

> On 8/26/2016 4:40 PM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> This is, I believe, the 22nd ANNUAL SCHALLER RIBBON REPORT.
>>
>> TA DA!! I have nine €” count "em NINE €” blue ribbons at the 2016
>> Minnesota State Fair, the best state fair in our state: BLUE: Cherry
>> Jelly, Crab Apple Jelly, Nectarine Jam, Apricot Butter, Chili Sauce,
>> Cherry Chipotle Relish, Spiced Cherry Amaretto Jam, AND Bread & Butter
>> Pickles !! W00t! Not sure if the Cherry Amaretto Jam or the Gedney
>> Relish will count towards being the Champeen. Raspberry Jam was SECOND,
>> and Blackberry Jelly, Blackberry Jam, and Rhubarb Jam were THIRD. Cherry
>> Jam was FOURTH. Ill take "em!

> Congrats!
>
> Jill

Thanks. I'm quite pleased that the Apricot Jam I devised for Margaret
won a second place in a category with 22 entries in it.
Barb
www.barbschaller.com, last update April 2013

Posted to rec.food.preserving

On Friday, August 26, 2016 at 4:40:08 PM UTC-4, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> This is, I believe, the 22nd ANNUAL SCHALLER RIBBON REPORT.
>
> TA DA!! I have nine €” count "em NINE €” blue ribbons at the 2016
> Minnesota State Fair, the best state fair in our state: BLUE: Cherry
> Jelly, Crab Apple Jelly, Nectarine Jam, Apricot Butter, Chili Sauce,
> Cherry Chipotle Relish, Spiced Cherry Amaretto Jam, AND Bread & Butter
> Pickles !! W00t! Not sure if the Cherry Amaretto Jam or the Gedney
> Relish will count towards being the Champeen. Raspberry Jam was SECOND,
> and Blackberry Jelly, Blackberry Jam, and Rhubarb Jam were THIRD.
> Cherry Jam was FOURTH. Ill take "em!
> Barb
> www.barbschaller.com, last update April 2013

Congrats Barb, I saw you on the TV.