Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Missing Posts

On 2017-06-03 11:29:34 +0000, George Shirley said:

> On 6/3/2017 1:22 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>
>> I was wondering if you knew anything of Barb Schaller's whereabouts.
>> I knnow she used to post here and also on rec.food.cooking. I read
>> RFC regularly and have not seen any posts from her since I returned
>> to the group several months ago.

> Barb came to visit us a long time ago when we lived in Louisiana. She's
> a really good person but is the baby of a very large family. My last
> conversation with her was some time ago and she was taking care of her
> problem too. It is probable that she is still taking care of siblings
> or immediate family.
>
> Plus, as said before, many people who posted on these forums no longer
> do so. My wife has a Facebook account but never goes to it and I have
> no use for Facebook, to many people on there and to much gossip.

Jorge, you old goat, the biggest problem Rob has is me.

And I only took care of one sibling -- he was one of the six I've
buried since the middle of 2014.

I have some crabapple juice thawing for a small batch of jelly.

Give my love to Miz Anne and the current pooch!
Barb
www.barbschaller.com, last update April 2013

Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 6/7/2017 10:43 AM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> On 2017-06-03 11:29:34 +0000, George Shirley said:
>
>> On 6/3/2017 1:22 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>>
>>> I was wondering if you knew anything of Barb Schaller's whereabouts.
>>> I knnow she used to post here and also on rec.food.cooking. I read
>>> RFC regularly and have not seen any posts from her since I returned
>>> to the group several months ago.

>> Barb came to visit us a long time ago when we lived in Louisiana.
>> She's a really good person but is the baby of a very large family. My
>> last conversation with her was some time ago and she was taking care
>> of her siblings, who were much older than she. And, I think, her
>> husband had a problem too. It is probable that she is still taking
>> care of siblings or immediate family.
>>
>> Plus, as said before, many people who posted on these forums no longer
>> do so. My wife has a Facebook account but never goes to it and I have
>> no use for Facebook, to many people on there and to much gossip.

> Jorge, you old goat, the biggest problem Rob has is me.
>
> And I only took care of one sibling -- he was one of the six I've buried
> since the middle of 2014.
>
> I have some crabapple juice thawing for a small batch of jelly.
>
> Give my love to Miz Anne and the current pooch!

IT LIVES! I knew you were busy but to be hidden this long is a crime.
Welcome back to my world. And you're still the queen of jellies and
jams. Welcome back.

Miz Anne is off to a nursing home to teach a bunch of old biddies how to
paint in watercolor. Current pooch is "Miss Tilly Dawg Shirley." Now ten
years old as of May this year and she loves everyone she meets but,
occasionally if someone drops in she will let her spinal hair rise and
then will growl. If she does that we keep an eye on them.

The kind of posts we (ok, I am) are missing now: Osso buco TammyM General Cooking 6 22-10-2006 08:49 PM
Missing Posts - again limey General Cooking 23 12-01-2006 11:26 AM
Missing posts limey General Cooking 5 12-01-2006 03:17 AM
Ping: Nancy Young re missing posts limey General Cooking 26 27-08-2004 04:15 PM