Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Rain

Watching the 5 pm news today and the local station ran a runner along
the bottom of the screen. 240 billion gallons of rain fell on Houston
area these last several days.

To bad we couldn't send some to California and other drought states.
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On Tue, 19 Apr 2016 20:18:32 -0500, George Shirley >
wrote:

>Watching the 5 pm news today and the local station ran a runner along
>the bottom of the screen. 240 billion gallons of rain fell on Houston
>area these last several days.
>
>To bad we couldn't send some to California and other drought states.

Glad to see that you and yours are not among the swimmers.
--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 4/20/2016 7:53 AM, The Cook wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Apr 2016 20:18:32 -0500, George Shirley >
> wrote:
>
>> Watching the 5 pm news today and the local station ran a runner along
>> the bottom of the screen. 240 billion gallons of rain fell on Houston
>> area these last several days.
>>
>> To bad we couldn't send some to California and other drought states.

> Glad to see that you and yours are not among the swimmers.

We are glad we bought on high ground when we moved here. We had lived in
Houston area over 40 years ago and we bought on high ground then too.
Being a native Texican I am well aware of low ground flooding. When you
live on a massive flood plain you look for a sand dune to build on.

Think of this part of Texas as the bottom of an ancient sea many
millennium ago.

Ol' Dry George
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 4/20/2016 8:02 AM, George Shirley wrote:
> On 4/20/2016 7:53 AM, The Cook wrote:
>> On Tue, 19 Apr 2016 20:18:32 -0500, George Shirley >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Watching the 5 pm news today and the local station ran a runner along
>>> the bottom of the screen. 240 billion gallons of rain fell on Houston
>>> area these last several days.
>>>
>>> To bad we couldn't send some to California and other drought states.

>> Glad to see that you and yours are not among the swimmers.
>>

> We are glad we bought on high ground when we moved here. We had lived in
> Houston area over 40 years ago and we bought on high ground then too.
> Being a native Texican I am well aware of low ground flooding. When you
> live on a massive flood plain you look for a sand dune to build on.
>
> Think of this part of Texas as the bottom of an ancient sea many
> millennium ago.
>
> Ol' Dry George

0920 CT, it's raining heavily again. It may be time to build an ark.

Rain and such George Shirley[_3_] Preserving 0 27-05-2016 05:33 PM
Rain George Shirley[_3_] Preserving 11 16-12-2015 03:03 PM
I'd like to send everyone some rain jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 61 17-09-2015 01:10 PM
RAIN !!! ImStillMags General Cooking 9 16-10-2012 02:45 AM