Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default some plinks

12 - 18oz jars, 1 - 16oz, 1 - 8oz of sweet and
sour garlic relish. added a jar of commercial pineapple
strawberry jam that was blah to get rid of it, sugar,
cider vinegar, crushed red pepper, thai green chile
paste for some extra kick.

it's not quite what i was after, but it is close
enough. cooling off and plinking away.

had to air the house out good, grinding up all that
garlic and then cooking it would have kept the vampires
away for many miles...

songbird
Posted to rec.food.preserving

songbird wrote:

....about garlic relish...

had to open a jar and give it a try yesterday.
it was not very hot/spicy, but the garlic made up
for that. eating about half a cup would be like
eating a dozen large cloves of garlic, i almost
finished the whole jar. i was glad to not have
overcooked it (to where it was all mushy), there
was a nice crunch to it still and the sweet and
sour worked well with the crushed chile pepper
flakes and the thai green chile paste.

i'd finished lunch, ate some other things and
then Ma came home and said i'd better brush my
teeth a dozen times before going out today.

songbird
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 5/28/2015 3:57 PM, songbird wrote:
> songbird wrote:
>
> ...about garlic relish...
>
> had to open a jar and give it a try yesterday.
> it was not very hot/spicy, but the garlic made up
> for that. eating about half a cup would be like
> eating a dozen large cloves of garlic, i almost
> finished the whole jar. i was glad to not have
> overcooked it (to where it was all mushy), there
> was a nice crunch to it still and the sweet and
> sour worked well with the crushed chile pepper
> flakes and the thai green chile paste.
>
> i'd finished lunch, ate some other things and
> then Ma came home and said i'd better brush my
> teeth a dozen times before going out today.
>

> songbird

You had better not sweat either, garlic comes through and you end up
smelling like a huge garlic bulb.
Posted to rec.food.preserving

George Shirley wrote:
> You had better not sweat either, garlic comes through and you end up
> smelling like a huge garlic bulb.

if you don't cook garlic with oil then the compounds
won't come out in your skin oils. you'll still smell
like garlic, but it won't be as much.

i had no comments yesterday about smelling like garlic
and my massage therapist isn't a shrinking violet when it
comes down to noticing something like that.

songbird

plinks songbird Preserving 4 21-11-2016 10:16 PM
Plinks gloria p Preserving 2 04-08-2016 03:26 AM
more plinks songbird Preserving 7 14-09-2014 10:03 AM
not quite plinks songbird Preserving 2 10-08-2013 03:38 AM
more plinks songbird Preserving 0 01-08-2012 11:10 PM