Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Plinks

*Plink" times 9. Nine jars of apricot jam made, processed, and sealed.
Gifts for friends and backup for what's left from last year. Kitchen
looks like a war zone, but 15 minutes will clean it up. No apricots
from our own trees this year thanks to a very warm spring causing early
blossoming, then snow, frosts, and freezes in May.

It's been quite a few years since we've had a crop (usually all or
nothing) but I'm old enough to know that Nature isn't fair (and doesn't
care!)

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 8/3/2016 12:08 PM, gloria p wrote:

> *Plink" times 9. Nine jars of apricot jam made, processed, and sealed.
> Gifts for friends and backup for what's left from last year. Kitchen
> looks like a war zone, but 15 minutes will clean it up. No apricots
> from our own trees this year thanks to a very warm spring causing early
> blossoming, then snow, frosts, and freezes in May.
>
> It's been quite a few years since we've had a crop (usually all or
> nothing) but I'm old enough to know that Nature isn't fair (and doesn't
> care!)
>
> gloria p

I was wondering where you got the apricots. Apricots are one of my
favorite fruits but they just don't do well in our climate.

Friends gave us the bounty of their pomegranate tree yesterday, looks to
be enough to make a few jars of pom jelly. I dug the deseeding machine
out today so it shouldn't be long before we get the juice.

It's hot as Hades again here, we're hiding indoors in the ac until late
afternoon. Tilly is still sick with whatever is doing the coughing and
sneezing. Monday morning she will be under the cat scan as the vet seems
to think she may have a "mass" in her throat or nose, we won't know if
it's a cancer, just a growth, etc. But if it is she will be operated on
the next day. She's only nine years old so we're hoping she will come
out of it okay.

George
Posted to rec.food.preserving

gloria p wrote:

> *Plink" times 9. Nine jars of apricot jam made, processed, and sealed.
> Gifts for friends and backup for what's left from last year. Kitchen
> looks like a war zone, but 15 minutes will clean it up. No apricots
> from our own trees this year thanks to a very warm spring causing early
> blossoming, then snow, frosts, and freezes in May.
>
> It's been quite a few years since we've had a crop (usually all or
> nothing) but I'm old enough to know that Nature isn't fair (and doesn't
> care!)

yeah! that is why diversity is always a good
plan. something usually works out. i'm still eating
the last of the grape jam from years ago.

we've been doing a lot of dill pickles lately.
the rest are going to be bread and butter pickles
since we both like them better.

pretty hot and humid here too yet for a few more
days. gotta get out early if i want to get anything
done.

songbird

plinks songbird Preserving 4 21-11-2016 10:16 PM
some plinks songbird Preserving 3 29-05-2015 03:00 PM
more plinks songbird Preserving 7 14-09-2014 10:03 AM
not quite plinks songbird Preserving 2 10-08-2013 03:38 AM
more plinks songbird Preserving 0 01-08-2012 11:10 PM