Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default postings

I am not seeing any postings. Is this my problem or is noone having
anything to say?
Ellen
Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 4/29/2011 11:14 AM, ellen wickberg wrote:
> I am not seeing any postings. Is this my problem or is noone having
> anything to say?
> Ellen

No one is putting anything up lately. A good many of our members have
been through some pretty rough weather.

Out tomatoes have ping pong ball size toms on them and I harvested a
sweet banana pepper yesterday. Also another good sized mess of chard,
ate this mess, already have some from earlier I froze.

Lots of baby peaches, plums, persimmons, fig and quince on the trees.
Only time, weather, squirrels, and grackles will tell if we get a
harvest this year.
Posted to rec.food.preserving

"George Shirley" > wrote in message
.com...
> On 4/29/2011 11:14 AM, ellen wickberg wrote:
>> I am not seeing any postings. Is this my problem or is noone having
>> anything to say?
>> Ellen

> No one is putting anything up lately. A good many of our members have been
> through some pretty rough weather.
>
> Out tomatoes have ping pong ball size toms on them and I harvested a sweet
> banana pepper yesterday. Also another good sized mess of chard, ate this
> mess, already have some from earlier I froze.
>
> Lots of baby peaches, plums, persimmons, fig and quince on the trees.
> Only time, weather, squirrels, and grackles will tell if we get a harvest
> this year.

I am here too

https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Posted to rec.food.preserving

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 09:14:32 -0700, ellen wickberg >
wrote:

>I am not seeing any postings. Is this my problem or is noone having
>anything to say?
>Ellen

I am just now beginning to get some produce from my garden. I am
going to make some asparagus pickles with the Pickle Crisp. The ones
I have made in recent were not crisp.

The strawberries have begun ripening. I just pulled some turnips but
have no idea about how I can preserve them. Ideas gratefully
accepted.

My tomatoes were set out on Monday and the peppers and eggplant will
go in in two or three weeks. My squash and okra are just germinating.

I probably will be up to my eyeballs with canning and preserving about
August and September.

--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.preserving

On 4/29/2011 2:10 PM, The Cook wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 09:14:32 -0700, ellen >
> wrote:
>
>> I am not seeing any postings. Is this my problem or is noone having
>> anything to say?
>> Ellen

> I am just now beginning to get some produce from my garden. I am
> going to make some asparagus pickles with the Pickle Crisp. The ones
> I have made in recent were not crisp.
>
> The strawberries have begun ripening. I just pulled some turnips but
> have no idea about how I can preserve them. Ideas gratefully
> accepted.

They don't freeze worth a hoot and canning them is a pain and they don't
taste good canned. I made pickles out of ours. Mostly mixed pickles with
turnips, garden pickles are good too, onions, bell peppers, turnips,
carrots, etc. all mixed together and pickled with Pickle Crisp added.
Other than that you have to eat them quick, sell them, or feed them to
the hogs. Folks in colder climates can keep them a good long while in
root cellars.

> My tomatoes were set out on Monday and the peppers and eggplant will
> go in in two or three weeks. My squash and okra are just germinating.
>
> I probably will be up to my eyeballs with canning and preserving about
> August and September.

I'm not sure when our season will start, we were late putting in a
spring garden and may be moved before it is ready to harvest. Thinking
about putting "Gone to Texas" on the side of my truck like some of the
old settlers did on their Conestoga wagons.

Posted to rec.food.preserving

On Apr 29, 12:14*pm, ellen wickberg > wrote:
> I am not seeing any postings. *Is this my problem or is noone having
> anything to say?
> Ellen

I'm here - just haven't had anything to say or add for awhile

Kathi

Postings Lawrence Leichtman[_2_] Wine 2 02-04-2017 12:02 PM
Old postings Roy[_2_] General Cooking 39 14-09-2015 07:07 PM
postings [email protected] General Cooking 2 08-03-2007 06:58 AM
These X-Postings Jane Adams General Cooking 10 20-01-2007 05:06 PM
postings? Ellen Wickberg Preserving 10 17-11-2003 01:56 AM