torlesse

Default tips needed for storing leftovers etc in fridge for a week or more

Hi again,

Are there any special ways that I can keep leftover vegetable
casseroles etc in the fridge for quite a few days to keep them as
healthy as possible - I was wondering, if I put them in a jar while
they're hot, to get a vacum seal, and then refrigerate them, will they
keep longer, perhaps? thanks for this,
Torlesse
zxcvbob

torlesse wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Are there any special ways that I can keep leftover vegetable
> casseroles etc in the fridge for quite a few days to keep them as
> healthy as possible - I was wondering, if I put them in a jar while
> they're hot, to get a vacum seal, and then refrigerate them, will they
> keep longer, perhaps? thanks for this,
> Torlesse

The best way is to turn the temperature down as low as you can get it
without freezing the lettuce. If a little ice forms on the surface of
the milk, but only when the milk is on the top shelf, that's about the
best you can do. At about 33 degrees, stuff will last a *long* time
before it eventually spoils.

Best regards,
Bob
zxcvbob

torlesse wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Are there any special ways that I can keep leftover vegetable
> casseroles etc in the fridge for quite a few days to keep them as
> healthy as possible - I was wondering, if I put them in a jar while
> they're hot, to get a vacum seal, and then refrigerate them, will they
> keep longer, perhaps? thanks for this,
> Torlesse

The best way is to turn the temperature down as low as you can get it
without freezing the lettuce. If a little ice forms on the surface of
the milk, but only when the milk is on the top shelf, that's about the
best you can do. At about 33 degrees, stuff will last a *long* time
before it eventually spoils.

Best regards,
Bob
torlesse

thanks for your help with this Bob, its a big help. Keeping vegetables
etc immersed in a gravy is good for keeping them longer as well - I
might try this more often too. Take care, Torlesse
torlesse

thanks for your help with this Bob, its a big help. Keeping vegetables
etc immersed in a gravy is good for keeping them longer as well - I
might try this more often too. Take care, Torlesse
torlesse

Hi again Bob..I'm just trying to learn a few survival tips, especially
to help with making cooking easier in times of stress! - by reducing
trips to shops, etc...I've just turned the fridge down to 33 degrees,
its was a good hint tar, I was just wondering though, at this low
temperature how long would a stew or casserole last do you reckon? A
vegetarian casserole would probably last longer than a meat one, I
suppose. Tar for all this,
Rhys