Brian Mailman

Default marinade preserves for refrigerated cooked meat, chicken

torlesse wrote:

> Hi,
> I was wondering if anyone has any marinade recipes that will help keep
> cooked meat, chicken or fish preserved in the fridge for a week or
> more.

Fish, you don't want to "marinate" for a week. It's called
"ceviche/seviche" at that point. Or gravlax, if it's salmon.

Dark meat turkey is better than chicken for such things since the acids
in a marinade do a number on chicken after a day.

Part of my training involved "faux" meats (like pork to wild boar, lamb
to venison, and turkey to pheasant) and those are marinated from 4 days
for turkey to 10-14 days for mammals. While I was a taught a "game"
marinade, just about any should do, but the thing is to make sure the
item is completely immersed and submerged in the marinade. A plate with
a weight or something will suffice.

B/