Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Strawberries

I am through with the original picking of strawberries. Made jam on
Sunday and jelly yesterday. The jelly has not set so I will let it
sit for a while and if necessary I will remake it. The recipes for
strawberry jelly say to crush fruit and then strain. I had about a
quart of leftover squeezings. Today I made some sorbet and about a
quart of smoothies. Smoothie is yogurt, strawberries, bananas and
honey.

I picked about 4 pounds of strawberries yesterday. Today I picked
chard and pulled up beets. Some of the beet greens went into the bag
my various lettuces. Think I will make a batch of Harvard beets
tomorrow and pickle some of the beets later.
--
Susan N.