Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default More canning jars

We went to a big rummage sale yesterday. I spotted a Golden Harvest
box and made a dash to see what was in it. A full dozen of unused
regular pint jars with lids still on cardboard and wrapped in plastic.
$4.00. Pete rounded up 3 more pint and 1 quilted 1/2 pint jars for
$.25 each. I am well stocked. Of course I thought I was a couple of
years ago when a friend offered me all of her jars. I refused and a
neighbor of hers took out about a truck load. This years I have been
scrambling.
Posted to rec.food.preserving

<snip> I refused and a neighbor of hers took out about a truck load.
<snip>

I am pretty sure there is a commandment that says:

"Thou shalt not refuse jars--gratis especially"

Does that sound right???

: - )

Posted to rec.food.preserving

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 18:30:14 -0700 (PDT), Mimi >
wrote:

><snip> I refused and a neighbor of hers took out about a truck load.
><snip>
>
>I am pretty sure there is a commandment that says:
>
>"Thou shalt not refuse jars--gratis especially"
>
>Does that sound right???
>
>: - )

Absolutely. Especially since these would have been clean and in good
shape.

Canning jars George Shirley Preserving 13 11-07-2010 12:56 PM
More about canning jars The Cook Preserving 2 29-08-2008 02:06 PM
Canning jars? Nancy Young General Cooking 14 01-06-2006 03:32 AM
Canning Jars The Cook Preserving 6 25-09-2004 08:53 PM
Canning Jars nutNhoney Preserving 11 21-07-2004 04:21 AM