Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default soy dipping sauce

New Year Greetings to all! I want to bottle/can my dumpling dipping
sauce: 1 qt vinegar, 1 qt soy sauce, a 3 in. knob of minced ginger, 1
head minced garlic, some red pepper flakes. Usually, i make a smaller
batch & just refrigerate it, but now i'd like to put it up. I've
searched Ball, USDA, UMN, & UGA to no avail. Does anyone know what
method I ought to be using? Hot Pack? Cold Pack? HWB? Pressure? all
replies & info greatly appreciated. regards, bobdrob
Posted to rec.food.preserving

Brian Mailman wrote:
> btw, you might think of adding some star anise into the mix.

I like to add thinly sliced green onions and sesame oil.
The local Thai/Chinese restaurant I go to adds chopped corriander (cilantro).

If you want to cut your time down, you could infuse the garlic and ginger
in the vinegar. I don't think it would need to be processed in any way.

Other variations:

Fish sauce.
An anchovy filet.
Chopping the garlic and or ginger.
Whorchestshire sauce. (pardon the spelling)

Lots of variations on type of vinegar and soy sauce.

I prefer to use white wine vinegar and wheat free soy sauce.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
Visit my 'blog at
http://geoffstechno.livejournal.com/
Posted to rec.food.preserving

thanks for your tasty advice, one and all. regards, bobdrob