Amberinauburn

Default Dipping sauce for breadsticks

Last night I made breadsticks for my husband, OK they were out of one of those
rolls you buy at the store, so maybe I should say I baked breadsticks for my
husband... Anyway, I was thinking what kind of simple dipping sauce I could
make for them. They were good, I mean really good but I think I need a dip for
them. Last night he ate them with his spaghetti and I made a little sauce out
of tomato sauce and parmesan cheese... It was shall we say unacceptable. My
husband who can eat Kim chee didn't like the sauce. Does anyone have a simple
recipe for a dipping sauce for breadsticks?

We both thank you

Amber and Harold

Frank Mancuso

Amberinauburn wrote:
> Last night I made breadsticks for my husband, OK they were out of one of those
> rolls you buy at the store, so maybe I should say I baked breadsticks for my
> husband... Anyway, I was thinking what kind of simple dipping sauce I could
> make for them. They were good, I mean really good but I think I need a dip for
> them. Last night he ate them with his spaghetti and I made a little sauce out
> of tomato sauce and parmesan cheese... It was shall we say unacceptable. My
> husband who can eat Kim chee didn't like the sauce. Does anyone have a simple
> recipe for a dipping sauce for breadsticks?
>
> We both thank you
>
> Amber and Harold

Really good extra virgin olive oil and some balsamic vinegar(and maybe
some chopped garlic)

Frank Mancuso

Amberinauburn wrote:
> Last night I made breadsticks for my husband, OK they were out of one of those
> rolls you buy at the store, so maybe I should say I baked breadsticks for my
> husband... Anyway, I was thinking what kind of simple dipping sauce I could
> make for them. They were good, I mean really good but I think I need a dip for
> them. Last night he ate them with his spaghetti and I made a little sauce out
> of tomato sauce and parmesan cheese... It was shall we say unacceptable. My
> husband who can eat Kim chee didn't like the sauce. Does anyone have a simple
> recipe for a dipping sauce for breadsticks?
>
> We both thank you
>
> Amber and Harold

Really good extra virgin olive oil and some balsamic vinegar(and maybe
some chopped garlic)

Mikko Peltoniemi

Amberinauburn wrote:

> husband who can eat Kim chee didn't like the sauce. Does anyone have a simple
> recipe for a dipping sauce for breadsticks?

Melted butter with garlic.

--
Mikko Peltoniemi
Film & Video Editor, Avid Technician at large.
Mikko Peltoniemi

Amberinauburn wrote:

> husband who can eat Kim chee didn't like the sauce. Does anyone have a simple
> recipe for a dipping sauce for breadsticks?

Melted butter with garlic.

--
Mikko Peltoniemi
Film & Video Editor, Avid Technician at large.
http://editor.is.dreaming.org
Harry G.

"Jeepers' Mom" > wrote in message
nk.net...
| We love dipping sauces, too, but have never heard of Dorothy Lynch sauce.
| Could someone please post the recipe. Thanks so much!

http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-...essing,FF.html

Harry G.

"Jeepers' Mom" > wrote in message
nk.net...
| We love dipping sauces, too, but have never heard of Dorothy Lynch sauce.
| Could someone please post the recipe. Thanks so much!

http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-...essing,FF.html

Harry G.

"Jeepers' Mom" > wrote in message
nk.net...
| We love dipping sauces, too, but have never heard of Dorothy Lynch sauce.
| Could someone please post the recipe. Thanks so much!

http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-...essing,FF.html

Tara

melted garlic butter
olive oil and herbs to complement your meal

Tara
Tara

melted garlic butter
olive oil and herbs to complement your meal

Tara
Tara

melted garlic butter
olive oil and herbs to complement your meal

Tara
Mpoconnor7

You could make a cinnamon-sugar-butter type dip and serve the breadsticks as a
dessert.

If serving for dinner, I agree a garlic butter sauce works best. But if eating
at home I wind up dipping bread into my salad bowl and sopping up whatever
italian dressing remains in the bottom of the bowl..

Michael O'Connor - Modern Renaissance Man

"The likelihood of one individual being correct increases in a direct
proportion to the intensity with which others try to prove him wrong"
James Mason from the movie "Heaven Can Wait".

Mary Jo Oliver

How about some Jarred alfredo sauce???
"Tara" > wrote in message
> melted garlic butter
> olive oil and herbs to complement your meal
>
> Tara

Mary Jo Oliver

"Tara" > wrote in message
> melted garlic butter
> olive oil and herbs to complement your meal
>
> Tara

Nancy Dooley

"Jeepers' Mom" > wrote in message ink.net>...
> We love dipping sauces, too, but have never heard of Dorothy Lynch sauce.
> Could someone please post the recipe. Thanks so much!

Dorothy Lynch is a commercial salad dressing - the color of French
dressing. It's in the salad dressing aisle at the supermarket.

N.

Nancy Dooley