Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Peppers

We had fairly heavy frost on Sunday and Monday nights so the remaining
veggies got picked. Now I have another kitchen floor full of food to
be preserved. Have already given some peppers to a couple of
neighbors.

Mostly I have peppers. Bell,long sweet, paprika, banana, pimento,
poblano and jalapeno peppers. There were still a few small eggplant
and about 1/2 bushel of green tomatoes. The pepper plants were all
full and most of what I picked were green. Sunday we smoked some
paprika and jalapeno. The jalapeno is still drying so I can make a
powder out of it. Most of the larger bells will get stuffed and put
in the freezer. The larger poblano will get prepped for rellanos and
put in the freezer and the remainder will get dried for anchos. I
foresee several days of chopping, drying, freezing and thinking of new
things to do with them.

BTW we got the new freezer loaded. Started by emptying the upright so
it could be defrosted. I found some things I had forgotten I had.
Right now it is pretty well organized. We will see how long it stays
that way.
--
Susan N.

Marinated in oil, salt, chili peppers, and crushed red peppers maxine in ri General Cooking 5 13-08-2010 03:46 AM
peppers? [email protected] General Cooking 14 29-09-2004 04:58 AM
peppers BigDog Barbecue 0 02-08-2004 12:04 AM
Peppers Ol' Hippie Preserving 11 02-03-2004 05:31 AM