Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default Help!!! Anyone have an authentic Mexican Pineapple Cake Recipe?

My dad loves Pineapple upside down cake and we are having a birthday for
him this weekend. The main menu is all Mexican of course so I was
wondering if Rolly or one of the posters down in Mexico can ask around
and get a good pineapple desert recipe for me...
Thanks in advance!

Brad
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

I once had pineapple tamales. They were wonderful, but I don't have a
recipe. Sorry
"Sonoran Dude" > wrote in message
. ..
> My dad loves Pineapple upside down cake and we are having a birthday for
> him this weekend. The main menu is all Mexican of course so I was
> wondering if Rolly or one of the posters down in Mexico can ask around and
> get a good pineapple desert recipe for me...
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Brad

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Carolyn LeCrone wrote:
> I once had pineapple tamales. They were wonderful, but I don't have a
> recipe. Sorry

that does sound good... maybe I'll do some experimenting
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

It may be too late now, but I found the recipe here, it is in spanish:

http://cocinalamexicana.espaciolatino.com/volteado.html

300 g. de mantequilla
¾ taza de azucar
3 huevos
3 tazas de harina
150 g. de azucar mascabado
8 cerezas
1 lata de leche condensada
1 cda. De polvo para hornear
1 taza de almibar de la piña
8 rebanadas de piña en almibar

Acrema la mantequilla. Agrega el azucar, los huevos uno a uno y la
leche condensada. Añade la harina cernida junto con el polvo para
hornear, revolviendo suavemente. Alterna con el almibar.

Engrasa con suficiente mantequilla un molde de 30 centimentros de
diametro y cubre el fondo con el azucar mascabado. Acomoda las
rebanadas de piña, en los huecos de estas las cerezas. Vacia la masa
al molde. Hornea de 45 a 60 minutos. Saca y desmolda enseguida.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

In article >, b454bt4
@comcast.remove.net says...
> My dad loves Pineapple upside down cake and we are having a birthday for
> him this weekend. The main menu is all Mexican

How long will you be cooking this mexican?

> of course so I was
> wondering if Rolly or one of the posters down in Mexico can ask around
> and get a good pineapple desert recipe for me...
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Brad

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!, You are so f$king funny!!!!!!!!!!, you are killing
me!!!!!!!!!! Oh, i need some air.

Ok, now go back and do the chores you momy tells you to or there will
be no dessert for you tonite.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

wrote:
> It may be too late now, but I found the recipe here, it is in spanish:

http://cocinalamexicana.espaciolatino.com/volteado.html

> 300 g. de mantequilla
> ¾ taza de azucar
> 3 huevos
> 3 tazas de harina
> 150 g. de azucar mascabado
> 8 cerezas
> 1 lata de leche condensada
> 1 cda. De polvo para hornear
> 1 taza de almibar de la piña
> 8 rebanadas de piña en almibar
>
> Acrema la mantequilla. Agrega el azucar, los huevos uno a uno y la
> leche condensada. Añade la harina cernida junto con el polvo para
> hornear, revolviendo suavemente. Alterna con el almibar.
>
> Engrasa con suficiente mantequilla un molde de 30 centimentros de
> diametro y cubre el fondo con el azucar mascabado. Acomoda las
> rebanadas de piña, en los huecos de estas las cerezas. Vacia la masa
> al molde. Hornea de 45 a 60 minutos. Saca y desmolda enseguida.

Thanks! There is always next year