R. W. Miller

Default Homemade fresh salsa

http://www.great-salsa.com/index.html
"David Grant" > wrote in message
newsyCie.1399531$8l.1005299@pd7tw1no...
> What kind of tomatoes should I use?
> How should I prepare them?
>
> There is a salsa here in Vancouver, Canada called Que Pasa and it is
> delicious. The tomato isn't chunky, as if someone chopped it with a knife.
> It looks more like someone put it through a blender for a bit. A lot of
> restaurants have salsa like this. But when I tried once, my salsa had this
> very strong fresh-tomato taste to it, which I didn't like as much.
>
> I really want to learn how to make this. All I need to add, once I figure
> out the tomato, is garlic, cilantro, onion, chili, and then I'm pretty

much
> done.
>
> David

Wayne Lundberg

"Jim Shu" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 17:06:37 GMT, "R. W. Miller"
> > wrote:
>
> >http://www.great-salsa.com/index.html
> >"David Grant" > wrote in message
> >newsyCie.1399531$8l.1005299@pd7tw1no...
> >> What kind of tomatoes should I use?
> >> How should I prepare them?
> >>
> >> There is a salsa here in Vancouver, Canada called Que Pasa and it is
> >> delicious. The tomato isn't chunky, as if someone chopped it with a

knife.
> >> It looks more like someone put it through a blender for a bit. A lot of
> >> restaurants have salsa like this. But when I tried once, my salsa had

this
> >> very strong fresh-tomato taste to it, which I didn't like as much.
> >>
> >> I really want to learn how to make this. All I need to add, once I

figure
> >> out the tomato, is garlic, cilantro, onion, chili, and then I'm pretty

> >much
> >> done.
> >>
> >> David

> This one is simple and isn't bad at all.
>
> RO*TEL SALSA
>
> Categories: Sauces, Tex-mex
> Yield: 1 servings
>
> 1 can Ro*Tel Tomatoes w/Chilies
> 2 ea Green Onions; chopped fine
> 1 ea Garlic Clove; minced
> 1 ea Large Tomato; chopped
> 1/2 ea Lime; juice only
> 1/2 ts Salt
>
> Mix and enjoy. To increase heat, add canned or
> fresh jalapenos to taste. This recipe came from the
> back of a can of Ro-Tel Tomatoes w/Green Chilies.
>
> http://www.texmex.net/Rotel/main.htm

I do this a lot... take a can of Rotel and add stuff to it because it is a
great base for almost anything. I use it for my fried rice, for my dips and
the like.

I put a can in a pint of sour cream and mix it up then serve with doritos or
chips while watching a ball game on TV and you can't beat it.

Wayne

Wayne Lundberg

True, but when you're in a rush for a rush then and there, why not?