Old 07-09-2012, 03:23 AM
Member

Default Tacos de Cabeza

Hello all,

I was down in Charlotte NC last weekend and had tacos de cabeza from a tiny food truck. They were the best tacos I ever had and have been looking for a recipe to try to recreate them at home. All the recipes I've found so far don't seem like they would match the flavor of the tacos I had as per described below

-Reddish/orange in color, a little sticky texture
-Sweet taste, maybe had some slow cooked onions in it
-The recipes I've seen call for cow head, but I swear these were pork

Anyone have any ideas? The rest of the items on the truck seemed pretty standard (lingua, el pastor), so I'd think that this kind of taco de cabeza may not be uncommon.

Thanks in advance!

Old 10-09-2012, 12:50 AM posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

--
Medeski

Go here and hit the google translate button.

http://www.guiadetacos.com/recetas_m...es-receta.html

Dimitri

Tacos Brooklyn1 General Cooking 0 22-10-2011 04:24 PM
Tacos Andy[_15_] General Cooking 66 17-03-2009 01:36 AM
REC: Tacos de Tripa Pete Romfh Diabetic 0 31-05-2006 04:47 AM
TACOS PENMART01 General Cooking 12 05-02-2004 01:58 AM