FoodBanter.com

-   Mexican Cooking (https://www.foodbanter.com/mexican-cooking/)
-   -   Tacos de Cabeza (https://www.foodbanter.com/mexican-cooking/419708-tacos-de-cabeza.html)

Medeski 07-09-2012 03:23 AM

Tacos de Cabeza

Hello all,

I was down in Charlotte NC last weekend and had tacos de cabeza from a tiny food truck. They were the best tacos I ever had and have been looking for a recipe to try to recreate them at home. All the recipes I've found so far don't seem like they would match the flavor of the tacos I had as per described below

-Reddish/orange in color, a little sticky texture
-Sweet taste, maybe had some slow cooked onions in it
-The recipes I've seen call for cow head, but I swear these were pork

Anyone have any ideas? The rest of the items on the truck seemed pretty standard (lingua, el pastor), so I'd think that this kind of taco de cabeza may not be uncommon.

Thanks in advance!

Dimitri 10-09-2012 12:50 AM

Tacos de Cabeza

"Medeski" > wrote in message

> Hello all,
>
> I was down in Charlotte NC last weekend and had tacos de cabeza
> from a tiny food truck. They were the best tacos I ever had and have
> been looking for a recipe to try to recreate them at home. All the
> recipes I've found so far don't seem like they would match the flavor of
> the tacos I had as per described below
>
> -Reddish/orange in color, a little sticky texture
> -Sweet taste, maybe had some slow cooked onions in it
> -The recipes I've seen call for cow head, but I swear these were pork
>
> Anyone have any ideas? The rest of the items on the truck seemed pretty
> standard (lingua, el pastor), so I'd think that this kind of taco de
> cabeza may not be uncommon.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>

> --
> Medeski

Go here and hit the google translate button.

http://www.guiadetacos.com/recetas_m...es-receta.html

Dimitri

maryusdemetry 18-09-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimitri (Post 1769770)
"Medeski" wrote in message

Hello all,

I was down in Charlotte NC last weekend and had tacos de cabeza
from a tiny food truck. They were the best tacos I ever had and have
been looking for a recipe to try to recreate them at home. All the
recipes I've found so far don't seem like they would match the flavor of
the tacos I had as per described below

-Reddish/orange in color, a little sticky texture
-Sweet taste, maybe had some slow cooked onions in it
-The recipes I've seen call for cow head, but I swear these were pork

Anyone have any ideas? The rest of the items on the truck seemed pretty
standard (lingua, el pastor), so I'd think that this kind of taco de
cabeza may not be uncommon.

Thanks in advance!

--
Medeski

Go here and hit the google translate button.

Tacos de Cabeza de Res - Receta Deliciosa - GuiaDeTacos.com ::México::

Dimitri

Thanks I love mexican food