barchetta

Default Looking for a decent fajita recipe

Anyone have one that's good?

thanks,
stephen s.

David Wright

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 08:57:08 GMT, barchetta
> wrote:

>Anyone have one that's good?
>
>thanks,
>stephen s.

When you ask a question like that, you have to keep in mind that
different people have different ideas about what is "decent" and what
is "good."

I make fajitas the old fashioned way, with skirt steak. I also keep it
simple. I squeeze some Key Lime juice over the meat and sprinkle on
some chopped Mexican oregano, chopped garlic and a little sea salt.
I'll let this rest in a zip-lock bag for only about an hour, so the
acid doesn't digest the meat very much.

I dry off the meat and then grill it outside (best) or broil it in the
oven, slice it across the grain and serve it with warm flour or corn
tortillas, salsa cruda, guacamole, chopped cilantro, and Dos XX.

David

Jake Dangle

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 17:02:40 GMT, David Wright
> wrote:

>On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 08:57:08 GMT, barchetta
> wrote:
>
>>Anyone have one that's good?
>>
>>thanks,
>>stephen s.

>When you ask a question like that, you have to keep in mind that
>different people have different ideas about what is "decent" and what
>is "good."
>
>I make fajitas the old fashioned way, with skirt steak. I also keep it
>simple. I squeeze some Key Lime juice over the meat and sprinkle on
>some chopped Mexican oregano, chopped garlic and a little sea salt.
>I'll let this rest in a zip-lock bag for only about an hour, so the
>acid doesn't digest the meat very much.
>
>I dry off the meat and then grill it outside (best) or broil it in the
>oven, slice it across the grain and serve it with warm flour or corn
>tortillas, salsa cruda, guacamole, chopped cilantro, and Dos XX.
>
>David

This is real simple. pre-set oven to 350. Get your tortillas out.
Place one at a time on the floor, drop your drawers and take a nice
hot shit into the tortilla if you did this correctly it will smell
like Dave's breath ad some monterey jax and serve .Ummmmmm a nice hot
meal
Jim Lane

Jake Dangle wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 17:02:40 GMT, David Wright
> > wrote:
>

>>On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 08:57:08 GMT, barchetta
> wrote:
>>

>>>Anyone have one that's good?
>>>
>>>thanks,
>>>stephen s.

>>When you ask a question like that, you have to keep in mind that
>>different people have different ideas about what is "decent" and what
>>is "good."
>>
>>I make fajitas the old fashioned way, with skirt steak. I also keep it
>>simple. I squeeze some Key Lime juice over the meat and sprinkle on
>>some chopped Mexican oregano, chopped garlic and a little sea salt.
>>I'll let this rest in a zip-lock bag for only about an hour, so the
>>acid doesn't digest the meat very much.
>>
>>I dry off the meat and then grill it outside (best) or broil it in the
>>oven, slice it across the grain and serve it with warm flour or corn
>>tortillas, salsa cruda, guacamole, chopped cilantro, and Dos XX.
>>
>>David

> This is real simple. pre-set oven to 350. Get your tortillas out.
> Place one at a time on the floor, drop your drawers and take a nice
> hot shit into the tortilla if you did this correctly it will smell
> like Dave's breath ad some monterey jax and serve .Ummmmmm a nice hot
> meal

Another mindless mentalmidget checks in with his idiocy. BTW, sounds
like you have poersonal experience with your recipe. Can you tell us
what condiments you ate with it?

jim
barchetta

I guess I should have rephrased my question to something more along
the lines of "What is your favorite fajita recipe?"

The one I tried was this:
http://www.epicurious.com/run/recipe...eyword=fajitas

It sounded simple and great but I was not at all impressed with the
results.

I've never made any that I was really proud of.

Thanks for the reply,
stephen s.

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 17:02:40 GMT, David Wright
> wrote:

>On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 08:57:08 GMT, barchetta
> wrote:
>
>>Anyone have one that's good?
>>
>>thanks,
>>stephen s.

>When you ask a question like that, you have to keep in mind that
>different people have different ideas about what is "decent" and what
>is "good."
>
>I make fajitas the old fashioned way, with skirt steak. I also keep it
>simple. I squeeze some Key Lime juice over the meat and sprinkle on
>some chopped Mexican oregano, chopped garlic and a little sea salt.
>I'll let this rest in a zip-lock bag for only about an hour, so the
>acid doesn't digest the meat very much.
>
>I dry off the meat and then grill it outside (best) or broil it in the
>oven, slice it across the grain and serve it with warm flour or corn
>tortillas, salsa cruda, guacamole, chopped cilantro, and Dos XX.
>
>David

David Goldstein

"barchetta" > wrote in message
> Anyone have one that's good?

The recipe that I use is:

juice of four limes
bunch of cilantro, coarsely chopped
1 tbl salt
1 teaspoon blcak pepper
1 tbl sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 package chili powder
2 tbl spoons marjoran (or mexican oregano)

mix well and let sit for about one hour to give the flavors a chance to meld

set aside a few tablespoons for he veggies and marinate your choice of meat.
For chicken, 30 minutes is good, for brisket, a couple of hours would be
great.

slice onions, peppers, tomatoes (whatever veggies you would like) and saute
them in a very hot pan with a bit of olive oil. when veggies are slightly
softened, add some of the fajita marinade and cook veggies al dente. grill
you choice of meat to desired doneness. server with warm tortillas, pico de
gallo, cheese, etc....

> thanks,
> stephen s.

David

John Droge

"barchetta" > wrote in message
> Anyone have one that's good?
>
> thanks,
> stephen s.

Here's one from a co-woker Emmanuel Garcia that I like and use alot
2# beef skirt meat
Marinade
juice of 2 limes
2 shots tequilla
3 tbs cider vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil
2 cloves minced garlic
2 tbs minced chile pepper (chose variety according to the heat you like)
1 tbs soy sauce
1 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper

marinade to taste skirt meat (at least 2 hr in the fridge overnight if you
like)
sauté
1 large sweet onion
1ea red and 1 green bell pepper (I like 2 mild green chilies)
in 2tbs olive oil
remove and keep warm

in the same skillet (or better yet on the grill)
drain and then cook skirt meat to your doneness--but you want to get the
outside browned
slice thin
serve on warm tortillas with veggies and
sour cream
chopped tomato
guacamole and
pico di galo