Mike

Default Salmon

is there any Mexican salmon dishes?

William Jennings

"Mike" > wrote in message
> is there any Mexican salmon dishes?

Salmonella is found in most Mexican outdoor markets.

doc

Wayne Lundberg

You see salmon in tin cans in some of the supermarkets in Mexico. In all the
years of cooking Mexican food and researching such, I have not run across
any 'typical' Mexican salmon recipes. Mostly you see recipes for red
snapper, sea bass and the like.

Wayne

"Mike" > wrote in message
> is there any Mexican salmon dishes?

Rolly

Hola Mike,

Salmon is not a native fish in the Mexican waters, so I'm sure there
are no traditional Mexican recipes. However, salmon is becoming quite
common in the supermarkets here. I cooked a large slab this morning
for my Sunday lunch with enough left over for a couple of days.

I bought one kilogram for MX$81.69 (pesos) at Sam's. That's US$3.38
per pound. The price in my neighborhood Soriana (a large supermarket
chain) is a bit higher. They always have it as does Sam's.
Rich McCormack

Wayne Lundberg wrote:

> You see salmon in tin cans in some of the supermarkets in Mexico. In all the
> years of cooking Mexican food and researching such, I have not run across
> any 'typical' Mexican salmon recipes. Mostly you see recipes for red
> snapper, sea bass and the like.

I've got a fairly diverse collection of Mexican recipe books
and don't think I've ever seen mention of salmon in any of them.
I don't see why though it wouldn't be adaptable to traditional
and contemporary Mexican cooking methods and recipes.

My mother-in-law brings my wife salmon patties, fish cakes made
with canned salmon, whenever she comes to visit...I think it's
a Canadian or UK thing, something she used to make for the family
back in Eastern Canada in my wife's younger days. They're kinda
bland, with no seasoning that I can determine except maybe
a little salt and pepper. I've experimented with different ways
to make 'em a little more flavorful, and being a chile-head that
usually involves chiles, spicy sauces and such...one particular
favorite of mine is salmon patties smothered in pepper jack cheese
sauce served with spicy black beans on the side. I've even eaten
'em fish taco style with soft fried corn tortillas, shredded
cabbage, white sauce and sliced pickled jalapenos.

I mentioned to my M-I-L one day about my experiments with her
salmon patties. She got a horrified look on her face and I got
a sharp kick in the shins under the table from my wife...guess
they're supposed to be served BA naked on a plate with tatties
and neeps.

Rich

Rick Barrett

Mix chopped chipotles en adobo, mayonaise, and fresh squeezed key lime
for a decent topping.

Rich McCormack > wrote:

>I mentioned to my M-I-L one day about my experiments with her
>salmon patties. She got a horrified look on her face and I got
>a sharp kick in the shins under the table from my wife...guess
>they're supposed to be served BA naked on a plate with tatties
>and neeps.
>
>Rich

Salmon w/mayo and another salmon recipe [email protected] General Cooking 5 09-02-2014 08:01 PM
Salmon Charly Horse Barbecue 12 16-08-2011 02:42 PM
Salmon, Salmon and more freeking salmon Mike[_2_] Preserving 0 05-08-2008 06:39 AM
Grilled Salmon with Salmon Rub International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 15-08-2007 12:17 AM
Help! Need salmon recipe for tonite(ground-up wasabi peas on sauteed salmon fillet) Pierre General Cooking 1 07-02-2004 01:17 PM