The Tex Mex

Default Little Pumkins?

How do you cook those little pumpkins, both orange and white?

--=20
Tex-Mex
Linda

.....loser

"The Tex Mex" > wrote in message
.. .
How do you cook those little pumpkins, both orange and white?

--
Tex-Mex

Frogleg

>"The Tex Mex" > wrote

>How do you cook those little pumpkins, both orange and white?

Just as you would larger pumpkins, but for less time. That is, you can
halve (de-seed) and roast them like a squash; or peel, cut up and
simmer/steam for puree. Julia Child (Mastering, Vol II) has a lovely
recipe for pumpkin soup baked in the shell, which would probably be
just fine with the small varieties. The method is to cut a lid as for
a jack-o-lantern, remove seeds and strings, fill with a mixture of
sauted onion & breadcrumbs, seasonings, diced/grated cheese, and
cream; put the lid back on and bake. The specifics of the recipe are
for a 4-5lb pumpkin or squash, so timing and amounts would vary.
The Tex Mex

Thanks Frogleg, I'm going to try it. BTW I am not Mr.. A1. I did the =
search on Google Groups and found allot of recipes. On the flaming, it =
looks like the flaming has been going on since the group started or as =
far back as I could go. I could only go back to , I think, 1998. There =
are over 18,000 articles. I think someone named Victor kept the pot =
stirred back then. BTW is the Wayne, AKA Blackie, the same Wayne that is =
here now?

--=20
Tex-Mex
"Frogleg" > wrote in message =

>"The Tex Mex" > wrote

>How do you cook those little pumpkins, both orange and white?

Just as you would larger pumpkins, but for less time. That is, you can
halve (de-seed) and roast them like a squash; or peel, cut up and
simmer/steam for puree. Julia Child (Mastering, Vol II) has a lovely
recipe for pumpkin soup baked in the shell, which would probably be
just fine with the small varieties. The method is to cut a lid as for
a jack-o-lantern, remove seeds and strings, fill with a mixture of
sauted onion & breadcrumbs, seasonings, diced/grated cheese, and
cream; put the lid back on and bake. The specifics of the recipe are
for a 4-5lb pumpkin or squash, so timing and amounts would vary.
David Wright

On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 20:31:28 GMT, "The Tex Mex"
> wrote:

>Thanks Frogleg, I'm going to try it. BTW I am not Mr.. A1. I did the search on Google Groups and found allot of recipes. On the flaming, it looks like the flaming has been going on since the group started or as far back as I could go. I could only go back to , I think, 1998. There are over 18,000 articles. I think someone named Victor kept the pot stirred back then. BTW is the Wayne, AKA Blackie, the same Wayne that is here now?

Throughout all those (and these) silly times, we have had, and still
do have, enjoyable times with each other, as you can see if you wish
to look into the archives.

Why not join in with that instead of looking for the negative?

Do you know anything about Mexican cooking? If so, please share some
of your knowledge rather than whining.

IOW, let us know that you are not A1. He has yet to tell us anything
about his experience in Mexican cooking. All he does is post recipes
and pontificate.

David,

Kramer

"The Tex Mex" > wrote in message
Thanks Frogleg, I'm going to try it. BTW I am not Mr.. A1. I did the search
on Google Groups and found allot of recipes.

BULLCRAP !!! A1, you're not doing a very good job of pretending to be
somebody else by the name of "The Tex Mex" ! You always have spelled "allot"
instead of "a lot". You're not fooling anybody in this newsgroup. Your
atrocious spelling has given you away as A1.

a1hotfoods

"Kramer" > wrote in message

> "The Tex Mex" > wrote in message
> Thanks Frogleg, I'm going to try it. BTW I am not Mr.. A1. I did the

search
> on Google Groups and found allot of recipes.
>

> BULLCRAP !!! A1, you're not doing a very good job of pretending to be
> somebody else by the name of "The Tex Mex" ! You always have spelled

"allot"
> instead of "a lot". You're not fooling anybody in this newsgroup. Your
> atrocious spelling has given you away as A1.
>
> I am not this Tex_Mex. I post as A1 William Barfieldsr and see no reason

to call myself Tex-Mex. I hope those that don't like the way or contents of
my posts to put me in the killfile, because I'm not going to change because
so asshole don't like it. There are others lurking that might want the
recipes that I post sooo...get a life!!!
--
William Barfieldsr

Steve Wertz

Default I am NOT a sock puppet! (Was: Little Pumkins?)

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 22:45:12 GMT, "The Tex Mex"
> wrote:

> I am not that A1 guy, sorry to disappoint you.

Yes. You are. You're posting from the same IP address and cable
modem. None of us are as stupid as you'd like to beleive.

-sw

Steve Wertz

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 04:28:09 GMT, "Kramer" >
wrote:

>BULLCRAP !!! A1, you're not doing a very good job of pretending to be
>somebody else by the name of "The Tex Mex" ! You always have spelled "allot"
>instead of "a lot". You're not fooling anybody in this newsgroup. Your
>atrocious spelling has given you away as A1.

If his IP address didn't already provide wbough evidence, his spelling
of this word surly did. He DOES always spell it wrong:

<http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=a1+allot+group%3Aalt.food.mexican-cooking&btnG=Google+Search>

Nothing worse than a sock puppet insists on claiming they aren't.

-sw

David Wright

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 17:39:07 -0600, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

>On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 22:45:12 GMT, "The Tex Mex"
> wrote:
>
>> I am not that A1 guy, sorry to disappoint you.

>Yes. You are. You're posting from the same IP address and cable
>modem. None of us are as stupid as you'd like to beleive.
>
>-sw

OTOH, who cares?

David
Kramer

"The Tex Mex" > wrote in message
Sorry about the mistake, I spelled it alot and my word check changed it to
allot. I am not that A1 guy, sorry to disappoint you.

COUGH COUGH COUGH BULLSHIT COUGH COUGH

Kramer

"a1hotfoods" > wrote in message

> > I am not this Tex_Mex. I post as A1 William Barfieldsr and see no reason

> to call myself Tex-Mex. I hope those that don't like the way or contents

of
> my posts to put me in the killfile, because I'm not going to change

because
> so asshole don't like it. There are others lurking that might want the
> recipes that I post sooo...get a life!!!
> --
> William Barfieldsr

William,

Who said I didn't like it?

No, I'm not going to use the killfile as it's for wimps.

You better start listening to your mother: "William, stop being such a
bullshitting sack of horse testicles and stay out of the
alt.food.mexican-cooking newsgroup ! Do it now or I'm gonna get your daddy
to whup your ass".