Recipes (alt.food.recipes) An alternative recipe newsgroup. For the posting and sharing of recipes.

Posted to alt.food.recipes

Default Pumkins and Cows

Hello!
Due to a move I have lost some recipes. These include the pumpkin
ones. I grew about ten of the big orange ones (not the best type for eating
I have been told) and come the end of them the kids shouting "No More
Pumpkin Soup or we'll Hurl!" was a common sound.
Anyway, I'm after trying soup and pie again. The soup was very
simple. Pumpkin, onions and stock with some interesting spices. The pie was
almost like an open custard tart. I could start from scratch and experiment
but I thought someone in here may have a favourite / traditional recipe they
might like to share. I've been looking around the web and there are so many
variations (google pumpkin pie / soup and you'll see what I mean) that some
real, live human input would seem a better way to go. A few words about
someone's favourite recipe is worth a stack of plain recipes printed off
from web sites.
So, any good recipes? Anything to avoid? My partner can't eat bovine
dairy but dairy from any other species is fine. Goat milk, butter is
available nearly everywhere now. Even sainsburys has some excellent sheep
cheese we use on Italian dishes (Casa de Manchego) so this sensitivity to
cow's milk must be pretty common if the big name stores are catering for it.

Whoops... rambling, sorry! Any tips greatly appreciated )

Les

--
Remove Frontal Lobes to reply direct.

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains
drop out. (Richard Dawkins)

http://armsofmorpheus.blogspot.com/

http://www.richarddawkins.net/index.php

Les Hemmings a.a #2251 SA

Pumkins and Goats. Les Hemmings General Cooking 9 29-10-2006 10:57 PM
ASCII Cows. kalanamak General Cooking 1 03-12-2004 01:36 AM
ASCII Cows. kalanamak General Cooking 0 03-12-2004 12:23 AM
Mad cows? jmcquown General Cooking 0 19-01-2004 03:04 PM
Little Pumkins? The Tex Mex Mexican Cooking 12 11-11-2003 12:09 AM