Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default need an Avocado sauce recipe

I am looking for a recipe for a sauce/salsa. I get this sauce at a
little restaurant that sells Carnitas, barbacoa, tacos, etc I am not
sure exactley what it is but I think I can taste Avacado, Cilantro &
jalapenos or serranos. It is pure green & runny. It's not thick like
mashed avacados. Does anyone know what this is and how to make it.
Thanks

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Take a look here http://rollybrook.com/kitchen.htm where you will find
several salsas that should give you some ideas. Mexican salsas take
many forms -- each cook has her/his way. You should feel free to
experiment until you find a combination that suits your taste.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"wendymg" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I am looking for a recipe for a sauce/salsa. I get this sauce at a
> little restaurant that sells Carnitas, barbacoa, tacos, etc I am not
> sure exactley what it is but I think I can taste Avacado, Cilantro &
> jalapenos or serranos. It is pure green & runny. It's not thick like
> mashed avacados. Does anyone know what this is and how to make it.
> Thanks

Rollys pictorials are the best around, I only wish there were more of them,
stellar job regardless.

Here is another link for salsas, mostly gringo versions but try the many
salsa verde recipes to see if one comes close.
http://www.panix.com/~clay/cookbook/...ents.cgi?salsa

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

wendymg wrote:
> I am looking for a recipe for a sauce/salsa. I get this sauce at a
> little restaurant that sells Carnitas, barbacoa, tacos, etc I am not
> sure exactley what it is but I think I can taste Avacado, Cilantro &
> jalapenos or serranos. It is pure green & runny. It's not thick like
> mashed avacados. Does anyone know what this is and how to make it.
> Thanks

The easiest thing to do is buy the cheap little green cans of tomatillo
sauce sold in most Mexican Groceries. Throw that in a blender with a
ripe avocado and you have a similar sauce. Basic ingredients of the
sauce is tomatillos, onion, cilantro and serrano pepper. The
perservatives in the can product helps the shelf life of the avocado.