Serendipity

Default [Recipe] Avocado Mousse

Someone was asking about uses for avacado so I thought I would post this.

Avocado Mousse
4-6 servings

3 avocado pears
juice of 1 lemon
4 tbsp olive oil
1 c heavy cream
2 tsp sugar
salt & pepper to taste

Halve avocados, remove pit, and scoop flesh out into mixing bowl. Mash
flesh with fort and beat in lemon juice; then gradually add the oil,
beating all the time. Stir in the cream, sugar, and season to taste
(optional use electric blender).

To freeze: spoon mouse into a lg container or individuals small ones,
leave 1/2" headspace. Cover and freeze. Keeps up to 2 mo.

To serve: leave to thaw 4-6 hr. Give a gentle stir. Spoon into
individual serving dishes and garnish with a sprinkling of cayenne
pepper and a few shrimp.

My comments: can use from fresh rather than freezing

nancree

You said:
"Mash
flesh with fort and beat in lemon juice; then gradually add the oil, "

Is "fort" a cooking term, or a typo?

Thanks for the recipe.
Nancree

Serendipity

nancree wrote:

> You said:
> "Mash
> flesh with fort and beat in lemon juice; then gradually add the oil, "
>
> Is "fort" a cooking term, or a typo?

Sorry, it's a typo. It should be fork