Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default Why Mexican food makes people happy:

It's not the chile, although the shot of endorphin from the chile from the
available salsas may contribute a bit. And... perhaps the accompanying beer
and occasional Tequila...

But consider this: In Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, he places recognition at
the top of the most powerful of all human needs.

We, in the US, and many other places on earth, rush through the McDonald
golden arches to get home and sit to watch our favorite show. And we shush
up any family member that dares to speak up except during commercials, when
most of the family is running to and from the ****pot. So communication
during the typical American meal is shut down in favor of TV.

OK, no problem. That's part of the culture.

Now... Mexican culture.

Mom or Dad cook up a batch of stuff, normally a wet soup followed by a dry
soup and some kind of guisado (stew) along with beans and maybe a
calabazita. At arms reach are hot tortillas to be rolled into tacos with the
guisado inside, enough salsas to pacify the most demanding taste buds, bread
and liquids.

There is no TV as the family and friends ask each other their opinion on
this or that. They share their own opinions when the time is right. They
share jokes, they share what grama did on her wedding. They get the kids to
tell of their day in school, what they think of this or that. They actually
encourage others to talk, to share ideas, to be a part of the family
community.

This is recognition. And recognition is what humans need for happiness.

Think of the absolute worst punishment for any human being in any cultu
Banishment or solitary confinement.

Now... tell me there is no real difference in American food culture and
Mexican (among many nations) that celebrate the members of their family,
their tribe.

Now... by pushing this a bit further, you can understand suicide bombers.
And gangs. And tyrants. (Suicide bombers, gangs and tyrants could not exist
without the recognition factor which makes it all happen)

Go figure.

Wayne

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Feb 23, 3:23 pm, "Wayne Lundberg" >
wrote:

> We, in the US, and many other places on earth, rush through the McDonald
> golden arches to get home and sit to watch our favorite show. ...

Sorry, Wayne. Your generalizations are too much for me to respect.

David

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"dtwright37" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Feb 23, 3:23 pm, "Wayne Lundberg" >
> wrote:
>
> > We, in the US, and many other places on earth, rush through the McDonald
> > golden arches to get home and sit to watch our favorite show. ...

> Sorry, Wayne. Your generalizations are too much for me to respect.
>
> David

So be kind to a friend and change all to say, 80%?

Look around you. How many of your friends and neighbors have diner together
without the TV blaring and nobody talking?

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Default and will you be trading in your old car with that?

"Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message

> "dtwright37" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> On Feb 23, 3:23 pm, "Wayne Lundberg" >
>> wrote:
>>
>> > We, in the US, and many other places on earth, rush through the
>> > McDonald
>> > golden arches to get home and sit to watch our favorite show. ...

>> Sorry, Wayne. Your generalizations are too much for me to respect.

> So be kind to a friend and change all to say, 80%?
>
> Look around you. How many of your friends and neighbors have diner
> together
> without the TV blaring and nobody talking?

Classic hook that I bet is denied on his momma's grave, yet if it quack
like a duck, walks.....

""Come on I am a little bit right aren't I. I am your friend, tell you what
I will do to show you what I guy I am, I can get you into this leather
model for another $500 more...""".

http://www.godlessinamerica.com/baloneydetection.html

http://www.ric.edu/jriolo/Balony.htm

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

On Feb 23, 1:23?pm, "Wayne Lundberg" >
wrote:

> But consider this: In Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, he places recognition at
> the top of the most powerful of all human needs.

Back in the late 1970's, I was reading about "The Stroke Economy".

Strokes are recognition. There is the stroking of physical recognition
(touching, fondling, kissing, copulating, picking lice of the other
person's back, etc.) and the
stroking of verbal recognition (compliments, or, at least one person
admitting that he sees the other person, as in "Hello, how are you,
long time no see, sorry, I'm in a hurry and don't have time to hear
your reply to my formulaic greeting.")

The whole business about strokes being part of an economy is that some
people get more than their share of strokes, or they get strokes of
low quality, like the courtesy strokes mentioned above in "Hi, bye."

Even in physical stroking, one partner gets more strokes. The alpha
male gets groomed by submissive partners seeking equal attention that
they never get, maybe the passive partner says, "Did you *** already?"
as the dominant partner stops stroking and rolls over to fall asleep.

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

Wayne Lundberg wrote:

> Now... Mexican culture.

Evidently you have never visited a Mexican Wal-Mart.
Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

"Wayne Lundberg" > wrote in message
> It's not the chile, although the shot of endorphin from the chile from the
> available salsas may contribute a bit. And... perhaps the accompanying

beer
> and occasional Tequila...

---snip for brefity---

> Now... by pushing this a bit further, you can understand suicide bombers.
> And gangs. And tyrants. (Suicide bombers, gangs and tyrants could not

exist
> without the recognition factor which makes it all happen)
>
> Go figure.
>
> Wayne

I just got through de-seeding a bunch of Poblanos to make mom's incredible
rajas con hongos and wiped my eyes, like chump who should know better. By
the time the sting ended, I was dancing with my wife ato Arabic music!

There is somthing to be said for pscasium!

Wayne

Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking

oops! Too much Capsium... please correct the spelling from last note. Thank
you.