Lorelei

Default do people talk about food here or just other people?

I am looking into vegan diet and organic foods on the advice of our Shaman.
My husband is converting to a raw diet to cure his cancer, to boost his
immune system to overcome the cancer. but all the posts look like political
statements and personal attacks.
is there true guidance here?

if not, can someone direct me someplace where there is?

thanks
Lori

Steve

http://www.veganhealth.org ( and check out the link in my sig )

> My husband is converting to a raw diet to cure his cancer, to boost his
> immune system to overcome the cancer.

I hosted a live talk version of this dvd and watched the dvd several
times. It is by a vegan MD. I learned things about cancer and
preventing it that I never even heard of befo

http://www.drgreger.org/dvd.html#cancer

> but all the posts look like political
> statements and personal attacks.
> is there true guidance here?

There are a few of us. If you set your newsreader up to filter out
crossposts you will eliminate 98% of the trash. The urls I posted
should give you some good guidance. Dr. Greger and Jack Norris RD are
very happy to answer question via email

Steve

Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

Steve's Home Page
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/

"The great American thought trap: It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"

Momzilla

Hi Lorelei!
There are real people lurking about here. This used to be a very active
and supportive group...

I don't know anything about cancer and boosting the immune system. I do
know that I myself feel great since going Vegan in 2000. I used to
catch every cold and flu that came along, have very low energy and
intestinal problems.
I took a Macro-Biotic cooking class a few years ago. There was a woman
in the class with Ovarian Cysts and she found that Macro-Biotics
alleviated her symptoms.
Keep searching, I'm sure there is a raw food group around.
Good Luck and hope your husband beats the cancer

-nancy-
Lorelei wrote:
> I am looking into vegan diet and organic foods on the advice of our Shaman.
> My husband is converting to a raw diet to cure his cancer, to boost his
> immune system to overcome the cancer. but all the posts look like political
> statements and personal attacks.
> is there true guidance here?
>
> if not, can someone direct me someplace where there is?
>
> thanks
> Lori

usual suspect

Lorelei wrote:
> I am looking into vegan diet and organic foods on the advice of our Shaman.

Why do you follow a leader?

> My husband is converting to a raw diet to cure his cancer,

I'm sorry to hear he has cancer, but a raw diet won't cure it. Why are
you following the advice of a medium/sorcerer instead of a trained
medical scientist (i.e., a doctor)?

> to boost his
> immune system to overcome the cancer.

"Boosting" the immune system won't help him overcome it. Depending on
the kind of cancer, there are a variety of standard, more effective ways
of treating it than by adopting a fad diet.

> but all the posts look like political
> statements and personal attacks.

Only when deserved.

> is there true guidance here?

No, this is usenet. Go squeeze the shaman.

> if not, can someone direct me someplace where there is?

Try www.quackwatch.com and look for cancer information on that site.
Lorelei

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
.. .
> Lorelei wrote:
>> I am looking into vegan diet and organic foods on the advice of our
>> Shaman.

> I'm sorry to hear he has cancer, but a raw diet won't cure it. Why are you
> following the advice of a medium/sorcerer instead of a trained medical
> scientist (i.e., a doctor)?

He has metastatic prostate cancer at age 40 mets to bone (most of them) and
lymph. he has used and failed all available western medicine. he has battled
for 18 months. what does he got to lose?
>> to boost his immune system to overcome the cancer.

> "Boosting" the immune system won't help him overcome it. Depending on the
> kind of cancer, there are a variety of standard, more effective ways of
> treating it than by adopting a fad diet.

What is faddish about eating whole foods instead of the processed crap that
is so prevalent in the American diet??

>> but all the posts look like political statements and personal attacks.

> Only when deserved.
>
>> is there true guidance here?

> No, this is usenet. Go squeeze the shaman.

Now, that made me smile

>> if not, can someone direct me someplace where there is?

> Try www.quackwatch.com and look for cancer information on that site.

usual suspect

Lorelei wrote:
>>>I am looking into vegan diet and organic foods on the advice of our
>>>Shaman.

>>I'm sorry to hear he has cancer, but a raw diet won't cure it. Why are you
>>following the advice of a medium/sorcerer instead of a trained medical
>>scientist (i.e., a doctor)?

> He has metastatic prostate cancer at age 40 mets to bone (most of them) and
> lymph. he has used and failed all available western medicine. he has battled
> for 18 months. what does he got to lose?

Sorry to hear. I'm highly skeptical a raw diet will help "boost" his
immune system or improve his quality of life.

>>>to boost his immune system to overcome the cancer.

>>"Boosting" the immune system won't help him overcome it. Depending on the
>>kind of cancer, there are a variety of standard, more effective ways of
>>treating it than by adopting a fad diet.

> What is faddish about eating whole foods instead of the processed crap that
> is so prevalent in the American diet??

You really should stop looking at things in the extremes. One can have a
healthful diet without going to the extreme of eating only certain foods
(produce) in a certain state (raw).

>>>but all the posts look like political statements and personal attacks.

>>Only when deserved.
>>

>>>is there true guidance here?

>>No, this is usenet. Go squeeze the shaman.

> Now, that made me smile

Good! I wish you and your husband the best. I'm just not convinced a
"shaman" is the best for either of you.

>>>if not, can someone direct me someplace where there is?

>>Try www.quackwatch.com and look for cancer information on that site.

Laurie

"Lorelei" > wrote in message
ink.net...
>political statements

...by those ignorant enough to try to politicise personal choices.

> and personal attacks.

... by a -very- few psychopathic anti-veg*n trolls, who have nothing
meaningful to contribute, but try to justify their own deadly, cultural diet
by insulting others who actually have the interest and courage to explore
their own.

> if not, can someone direct me someplace where there is?

www.ecologos.org/ttdd.html

Laurie