Posted to rec.food.historic

Default food in late 60's-early 70's

Hi!

I was hoping somebody might help me?

We are throwing a party in may, themed over late 60's -early 70's.
Unfortunatly I'm born to late for this, and i'm responisibile for the
food...
The plan is to have a buffet, with both hot and cold food and some
desserts and assorted snacs,,,,

(do appologize the bad spelling, I'm originnaly from Norway....)

Regards

Anja

Posted to rec.food.historic

On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 10:58:03 -0700 (PDT), anja > wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I was hoping somebody might help me?
>

>We are throwing a party in may, themed over late 60's -early 70's.
>Unfortunatly I'm born to late for this, and i'm responisibile for the
>food...
>The plan is to have a buffet, with both hot and cold food and some
>desserts and assorted snacs,,,,
>

>(do appologize the bad spelling, I'm originnaly from Norway....)
>

>Regards
>

>Anja

Here is a place to start:

http://www.foodtimeline.org/fooddecades.html

Think melon balls, cheese balls, bacon wrapped anything, marinated
mushrooms, shrimp puffs, pink in a blanket, deviled eggs, swedish
meatballs, fondue, buffalo wings, etc.
Posted to rec.food.historic

anja > wrote in news:309ecf3c-df10-4e9c-b28d-f3c498487777
@y9g2000yqg.googlegroups.com:

> We are throwing a party in may, themed over late 60's -early 70's.
> Unfortunatly I'm born to late for this, and i'm responisibile for the
> food...
> The plan is to have a buffet, with both hot and cold food and some
> desserts and assorted snacs,,,,

Hi Anja,

Have a look at this web site:

http://www.lileks.com/institute/gallery/

It's a collection of images from old cookbooks, and could give you many
ideas, when you can stop laughing. Be sure to look through the Potpourri
section labelled "Start from the Beginning" in the lower right, but you
can't go wrong starting anywhere on the page.

Many of the pictures are perhaps from an earlier period than the 1960-70s,
but your friends probably won't remember that time perfectly either--I know
I don't and I was there!

Mark.

--
Verbing weirds language--Calvin

Posted to rec.food.historic

Robert Klute wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 10:58:03 -0700 (PDT), anja > wrote:
>
>>Hi!
>>
>>I was hoping somebody might help me?
>>

>>We are throwing a party in may, themed over late 60's -early 70's.
>>Unfortunatly I'm born to late for this, and i'm responisibile for the
>>food...
>>The plan is to have a buffet, with both hot and cold food and some
>>desserts and assorted snacs,,,,
>>

>>(do appologize the bad spelling, I'm originnaly from Norway....)
>>

>>Regards
>>

>>Anja

> Here is a place to start:
>
> http://www.foodtimeline.org/fooddecades.html
>
> Think melon balls, cheese balls, bacon wrapped anything, marinated
> mushrooms, shrimp puffs, pink in a blanket, deviled eggs, swedish
> meatballs, fondue, buffalo wings, etc.

I think fondue was mid- and late-70s....

but it depends on what effect she's trying to put over. I mean, there's
60s-70s "elegant" steakhouse, Lutheran Church Basement Supper, the 'easy
entertaining' mentioned above, the "bachelor entertaining" (I've got a
wonderful primer for the guy trying to impress a date called "Wolf in
Sheep's Clothing"), etc etc etc....

B/
Member

that's pretty good,thanks for your sharing
__________________
Marriage is a romance like ally mcbeal dvd
in which the hero dies in the first chapter bones dvd never come back!

Posted to rec.food.historic

Robert Klute > wrote:

>Here is a place to start:
>
>http://www.foodtimeline.org/fooddecades.html
>
>Think melon balls, cheese balls, bacon wrapped anything, marinated
>mushrooms, shrimp puffs, pink in a blanket, deviled eggs, swedish
>meatballs, fondue, buffalo wings, etc.

Not Buffalo wings, those didn't really spread nationally until the
1980's.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

http://derekl1963.livejournal.com/

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL
Posted to rec.food.historic

On Fri, 15 May 2009 06:45:34 GMT, (Derek Lyons)
wrote:

>Robert Klute > wrote:
>
>>Here is a place to start:

http://www.foodtimeline.org/fooddecades.html

>>Think melon balls, cheese balls, bacon wrapped anything, marinated
>>mushrooms, shrimp puffs, pink in a blanket, deviled eggs, swedish
>>meatballs, fondue, buffalo wings, etc.

>Not Buffalo wings, those didn't really spread nationally until the
>1980's.

Perhaps, but they were 'invented' in 1964 and by 1977 Buffalo celebrated
Chicken Wing Day.