Posted to rec.food.historic
Mark P. Nelson[_2_] Mark P. Nelson[_2_] is offline

Default food in late 60's-early 70's

anja > wrote in news:309ecf3c-df10-4e9c-b28d-f3c498487777
@y9g2000yqg.googlegroups.com:

> We are throwing a party in may, themed over late 60's -early 70's.
> Unfortunatly I'm born to late for this, and i'm responisibile for the
> food...
> The plan is to have a buffet, with both hot and cold food and some
> desserts and assorted snacs,,,,

Hi Anja,

Have a look at this web site:

http://www.lileks.com/institute/gallery/

It's a collection of images from old cookbooks, and could give you many
ideas, when you can stop laughing. Be sure to look through the Potpourri
section labelled "Start from the Beginning" in the lower right, but you
can't go wrong starting anywhere on the page.

Many of the pictures are perhaps from an earlier period than the 1960-70s,
but your friends probably won't remember that time perfectly either--I know
I don't and I was there!

Mark.

--
Verbing weirds language--Calvin