Old 01-11-2006, 02:51 PM posted to rec.food.drink.tea,rec.food.drink,alt.religion.dake-bonoism

Default Gunpowder Tea

I purchased a small green box of gunpowder tea at the local asian
grocer the other day, thinking that it would be similar to other loose
leaf green teas that I have tried.

I was surprised at how different the consistency is, at how "powdery"
it really is. It seems very strong when steeped in the manner I am
accustomed. I'm guessing that I'm not preparing it properly. Could
someone provide me some tips on the preparation of gunpowder tea? Or,
should I just avoid it altogether?

Old 01-11-2006, 03:54 PM posted to rec.food.drink.tea,rec.food.drink,alt.religion.dake-bonoism

"Alan Truism" writes:

I purchased a small green box of gunpowder tea at the local asian
grocer the other day, thinking that it would be similar to other loose
leaf green teas that I have tried.

I was surprised at how different the consistency is, at how "powdery"
it really is. It seems very strong when steeped in the manner I am
accustomed. I'm guessing that I'm not preparing it properly. Could
someone provide me some tips on the preparation of gunpowder tea?

Try giving it shorter steeps at a lower temperature.

Or, should I just avoid it altogether?

....if the advice above doesn't help.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /

Sweet gunpowder? Dario Niedermann Tea 3 07-06-2013 05:01 PM
Gunpowder Tea Alan Truism Tea 4 14-12-2006 04:56 AM
Gunpowder Tea Scott Dorsey Tea 0 03-11-2006 06:09 PM
Gunpowder Teas S. Chancellor Tea 45 25-01-2006 05:55 AM
Gunpowder tea - Where to buy? Fred Carpenter Tea 0 05-01-2004 11:13 PM