Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Grocery Store Worker Snaps

No news why but this grocery store worker in Cordova at the Schnuck's (not
the one I shop at, thanks!) snapped today and ran charging through the
asiles stabbing co-workers with a butcher knife. Oh, how nice! Several
people were transported to local hospitals.

He was tackled by the manager of a store next door as he ran out into the
parking lot, wielding the knife and threatening customers. He's being held
for psychiatric evaluation. Gee, ya think? LOL

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> No news why but this grocery store worker in Cordova at the Schnuck's
> (not the one I shop at, thanks!) snapped today and ran charging
> through the asiles stabbing co-workers with a butcher knife.
> Oh, how nice! Several people were transported to local hospitals.
>
> He was tackled by the manager of a store next door as he ran out
> into the parking lot, wielding the knife and threatening customers.
> He's being held for psychiatric evaluation. Gee, ya think? LOL

I told him I didn't want the top of the bag
folded over. This is like the third time,
so I discussed it with the store manager.

If you can't take constructive criticism,
you shouldn't be a bagger. :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 15:17:52 -0700, Mark Thorson >
wrote:

>jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> No news why but this grocery store worker in Cordova at the Schnuck's
>> (not the one I shop at, thanks!) snapped today and ran charging
>> through the asiles stabbing co-workers with a butcher knife.
>> Oh, how nice! Several people were transported to local hospitals.
>>
>> He was tackled by the manager of a store next door as he ran out
>> into the parking lot, wielding the knife and threatening customers.
>> He's being held for psychiatric evaluation. Gee, ya think? LOL

>I told him I didn't want the top of the bag
>folded over. This is like the third time,
>so I discussed it with the store manager.
>
>If you can't take constructive criticism,
>you shouldn't be a bagger. :-)

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are one sick dude! LOL!

Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> No news why but this grocery store worker in Cordova at the Schnuck's
> (not the one I shop at, thanks!) snapped today and ran charging
> through the asiles stabbing co-workers with a butcher knife. Oh, how
> nice! Several people were transported to local hospitals.
>
> He was tackled by the manager of a store next door as he ran out into
> the parking lot, wielding the knife and threatening customers. He's
> being held for psychiatric evaluation. Gee, ya think? LOL
>
> Jill

The news story:

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/...860886,00.html

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 19:24:12 -0500, "jmcquown"
> wrote:

>The news story:
>
>http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/...860886,00.html

Oh man, that was bad. I hope everyone recovers.

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>> No news why but this grocery store worker in Cordova at the Schnuck's
>> (not the one I shop at, thanks!) snapped today and ran charging
>> through the asiles stabbing co-workers with a butcher knife. Oh, how
>> nice! Several people were transported to local hospitals.
>>
>> He was tackled by the manager of a store next door as he ran out into
>> the parking lot, wielding the knife and threatening customers. He's
>> being held for psychiatric evaluation. Gee, ya think? LOL
>>
>> Jill

> The news story:
>
> http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/...860886,00.html

What they are not telling you is the maniac was apprehended as he was
chasing a victim around the parking lot by an armed citizen who
witnessed the attack:

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/07/21/D8J0MBOG2.html

Naturally, the police disapprove. "He could have been hurt"

Best regards,
Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"zxcvbob" > wrote in message
> jmcquown wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>> No news why but this grocery store worker in Cordova at the Schnuck's
>>> (not the one I shop at, thanks!) snapped today and ran charging
>>> through the asiles stabbing co-workers with a butcher knife. Oh, how
>>> nice! Several people were transported to local hospitals.
>>>
>>> He was tackled by the manager of a store next door as he ran out into
>>> the parking lot, wielding the knife and threatening customers. He's
>>> being held for psychiatric evaluation. Gee, ya think? LOL
>>>
>>> Jill

>> The news story:
>>
>> http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/...860886,00.html
>>

> What they are not telling you is the maniac was apprehended as he was
> chasing a victim around the parking lot by an armed citizen who witnessed
> the attack:
>
> http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/07/21/D8J0MBOG2.html
>
> Naturally, the police disapprove. "He could have been hurt"
>
> Best regards,
> Bob

Ayuh, the armed citizen could have been hurt. On the other hand, yet
another victim could have been hurt *worse* than they were already injured.
Providing the armed citizen didn't just irresponsibly open fire at the
assailant, wounding innocent bystanders in the process, I don't see the
problem, to be honest. Sounds to me like the armed citizen was also a
responsible armed citizen.

Lisa Ann

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article > ,
says...
> "zxcvbob" > wrote in message
> > jmcquown wrote:

> >> The news story:

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/...860886,00.html

> > What they are not telling you is the maniac was apprehended as he was
> > chasing a victim around the parking lot by an armed citizen who witnessed
> > the attack:
> >
> > http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/07/21/D8J0MBOG2.html
> >
> > Naturally, the police disapprove. "He could have been hurt"
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Bob

> Ayuh, the armed citizen could have been hurt. On the other hand, yet
> another victim could have been hurt *worse* than they were already injured.
> Providing the armed citizen didn't just irresponsibly open fire at the
> assailant, wounding innocent bystanders in the process, I don't see the
> problem, to be honest. Sounds to me like the armed citizen was also a
> responsible armed citizen.
>
> Lisa Ann

There are armed citizens and then there are citizens who learned how to
use a weapon and remember it well.

The problem with the police is that they are a reactive force.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> No news why but this grocery store worker in Cordova at the Schnuck's (not
> the one I shop at, thanks!) snapped today and ran charging through the
> asiles stabbing co-workers with a butcher knife. Oh, how nice! Several
> people were transported to local hospitals.
> Jill

Hmmmmm. Not supposed to happen in Cordova, Germantown or Bartlett
where the grass is greener and all streets properly curbed with
handicap access at the corners. And the guy went after fellow-workers,
not the customers who probably deserved it more. Speaking of customers
and venues, I would have guessed the Schnuck's on Perkins where elderly
and irascible customers are still smarting over the loss of Seessel's.
I've been run over by mobile carts twice and accosted at the back of
the store with demands for everything from paper bags to handi-wipes
and I don't work there. Just shopping. Guess I ought to dress better.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote:
> >> No news why but this grocery store worker in Cordova at the
> >> Schnuck's (not the one I shop at, thanks!) snapped today and ran
> >> charging through the asiles stabbing co-workers with a butcher
> >> knife. Oh, how nice! Several people were transported to local
> >> hospitals.
> >> Jill

> > Hmmmmm. Not supposed to happen in Cordova, Germantown or Bartlett
> > where the grass is greener and all streets properly curbed with
> > handicap access at the corners. And the guy went after
> > fellow-workers,
> > not the customers who probably deserved it more. Speaking of
> > customers
> > and venues, I would have guessed the Schnuck's on Perkins where
> > elderly
> > and irascible customers are still smarting over the loss of Seessel's.

> You mean the one at Quince and Ridgeway? The Seessels there was superb!
>
> > I've been run over by mobile carts twice and accosted at the back of
> > the store with demands for everything from paper bags to handi-wipes
> > and I don't work there. Just shopping. Guess I ought to dress
> > better.

> Hey, I live in Cordova and I feel I should dress better just to walk out to
> the mailbox But if I'm gonna get knifed in a grocery store parking lot,
> might as well wear grungy clothes... blood and all that.
>
> Jill

Some people are so fussy about their clothes!!