Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Another bread machine question

When you use a bread machine do you have to actually touch the
yeast/raw dough? When I tried making bread years ago it made the backs
of my hands go all red and irritated, either because I was allergic to
the yeast or just because it's an irritant... I'm fine once the bread
is cooked and I LOVE fresh bread, so DH says we should get a bread
machine, but first I want to make sure that it would be okay for me to
use.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
> When you use a bread machine do you have to actually touch the
> yeast/raw dough? When I tried making bread years ago it made the backs
> of my hands go all red and irritated, either because I was allergic to
> the yeast or just because it's an irritant... I'm fine once the bread
> is cooked and I LOVE fresh bread, so DH says we should get a bread
> machine, but first I want to make sure that it would be okay for me to
> use.

you don't have to touch any of the ingredients at all. Just stick everything
in the pan in the order specified (wet first, then dry) put the pan in the
machine and turn it on. It's like magic, but yellower.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> When you use a bread machine do you have to actually touch the
> yeast/raw dough?

There sequence of ingredients is liquid, oil, flour, salt/sugar then yeast
on top... I don't see any need for human contact...

R.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Karen AKA Kajikit" > wrote in message
> When you use a bread machine do you have to actually touch the
> yeast/raw dough? When I tried making bread years ago it made the backs
> of my hands go all red and irritated, either because I was allergic to
> the yeast or just because it's an irritant... I'm fine once the bread
> is cooked and I LOVE fresh bread, so DH says we should get a bread
> machine, but first I want to make sure that it would be okay for me to
> use.

I've had the same bread machine for 15 years now. I guess I'm just lucky.
It's Zojirushi. Once I put all the ingredients in the pan I just push a
button and it goes. I've never had to touch the ingredients if I didn't
want to. Sometimes with new recipes you'll have to peek in and see if
everything is working good. Since I have many recipes that I use over and
over I don't even have to peek in and see if it's working. It just does
it's job. My favorite feature is the timed feature when we can wake up to
the smell of fresh baked bread. Yum!

Lynne

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Karen AKA Kajikit" > wrote in message
> When you use a bread machine do you have to actually touch the
> yeast/raw dough? When I tried making bread years ago it made the backs
> of my hands go all red and irritated, either because I was allergic to
> the yeast or just because it's an irritant... I'm fine once the bread
> is cooked and I LOVE fresh bread, so DH says we should get a bread
> machine, but first I want to make sure that it would be okay for me to
> use.

I had a bout with some kind of hand rash, and I took to wearing gloves for
almost everything in the kitchen. For bread handling, I bought kneading
gloves.

For times when you want to be brave, they might be enough for the times you
want to make buns or some other shaped loaves outside of the bread machine.

Donna

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Karen AKA Kajikit > wrote in
:

> When you use a bread machine do you have to actually touch the
> yeast/raw dough? When I tried making bread years ago it made the backs
> of my hands go all red and irritated, either because I was allergic to
> the yeast or just because it's an irritant... I'm fine once the bread
> is cooked and I LOVE fresh bread, so DH says we should get a bread
> machine, but first I want to make sure that it would be okay for me to
> use.

Karen,

The panasonic model I spoke of has a separate yeast "chute" that you dump
a dry yeast into and after a time it dumps it into the mix automatically.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 21:35:13 -0400, Karen AKA Kajikit
> wrote:

>When you use a bread machine do you have to actually touch the
>yeast/raw dough? When I tried making bread years ago it made the backs
>of my hands go all red and irritated, either because I was allergic to
>the yeast or just because it's an irritant... I'm fine once the bread
>is cooked and I LOVE fresh bread, so DH says we should get a bread
>machine, but first I want to make sure that it would be okay for me to
>use.

Thanks everyone! It sounds like we should DEFINITELY get a bread
machine then! I wasn't quite sure how they work... next question is,
what's the quiestest most efficient, most reliable machine you can get
that's as cheap as possible? I know you can't expect all of those
things in one but I'd like to go for a few of them! I've seen very
cheap bread makers - are they a piece of junk? My aunt had an early
one and it was so loud it shook the house! We only have an apartment
so we really need it to be quiet because there's nowhere to get away
from it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> what's the quiestest most efficient, most reliable machine you can get
> that's as cheap as possible?

I believe that one is called the Significant Other....