Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default How to weed out RFC

"Default User" > wrote in news:4ginahF1nt8qmU1
@individual.net:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>
>> Tell that to the stick-in-the-muds at Time Warner...
>> After this, I'll never consider an RR account!

> Well, I'm divided here. I like that an ISP takes complaints seriously.
> However, a quick look at the newsgroup should have told them all they
> needed to know on the subject.

Agreed. But most of them will cite "We're too busy to check into every
complaint" as an excuse not to.

I used to be with an ISP that was run by a Local Council. Any pathetic
dipshit internet stalker with a grudge could send in an email whining
and complaining and they'd pull your WWW access and put the onus onto
you to prove your innocence.

After the 3rd false complaint, and the 3rd restricted WWW access, I did
my narna and told them *exactly* where to stick their friggin account.

There are *lots* of ISP's around, and you don't have to take that sort
of crap off of any of them.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote in
:

> In article >,
> sf > wrote:
>
>> On 29 Jun 2006 05:53:08 -0700, kitten926 wrote:
>>
>> > I guess "SOMEONE" is not happy with my little joke that I shared
>> > with everyone the other day. It seems that I was reported to my
>> > server group at a "TROLL"!!!

>> Server group? What's that? You were reported as a troll? Since
>> when is trolling against the law? It's annoying and a lot of us have
>> filters set up to block annoyances out, but it's not against the law.
>> Spamming, OTOH is frowned upon my many ISPs. Are you sure that was a
>> legitimate email?

> She brought a copy of the e-mail to work.
> It was legit. She also called the server number from the e-mail to
> discuss the complaint.
>
> Appears that Time Warner is very serious and was threatening to cancel
> the account.
>
> They live in a small town. RR is the ONLY cable server that is there

RR??

But having to kowtow to the only cable server in a small town makes
living in that town sucky :-/

> No it's not.
> Somebody cheated.
>
> I have a hunch it was Steve hedging his bets.

Is that Steve Wertz?

>I'd not put it past him
> in the mood he's in, especially since Kitten is my friend and he's mad
> at me. :-P

I knew that some people in Texass were assholes (particularly him), but
if it was him, he lends new meaning and depth to the word.

> He has no idea how to handle a dominant woman! His loss. ;-)

He can't handle dominant men either!! :-)

> Bets are invalid. Picking on her did not run her off. Threatening her
> internet access is not fair play.
>
> And it really was a serious threat.

Any chance of putting a copy of the complaint/threat on the binaries
group?

Did Time Warner let her know *where* the complaint came from?

And what was this "offensive" joke that the complaint was made about?

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Wertz > wrote in news:gisqlfaz5dix
:

> creation. And the expert on dealing with cranky, selectively
> inconsistent women.

As opposed to humourless incontinent Texassens?

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 13:00:52 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> I have, however, suggested she talk to Giganews. If I'm not mistaken,
> signing up for a Giganews account and posting thru _their_ server should
> take her out from under Time Warner's jurisdiction and eliminate the
> problem, but I'm not sure.

I suspect you are correct.
--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 29 Jun 2006 21:59:34 GMT, PeterL wrote:

> RR??

Road Runner.

> But having to kowtow to the only cable server in a small town makes
> living in that town sucky :-/

Yes. Often there are more choices than you think. We used to be
trapped by Comcast, but I just found out that other ISPs contract with
them. Tell her to contact Earthlink and find out if they rent
broadband cable in her area. Here, the cost is the same for both...
no extra charges (that I can figure out) added on.
--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Goomba38 > wrote:

> Chatty Cathy wrote:
>
> >> Ah.. but I didn't initiate the thread. I responded.

> > I fail to see the difference - but thats just me. If the OT posts offend
> > or annoy you in any way, why bother to respond? Just curious....

> I don't mind the occasional OT thread one bit. I DO dislike the daily
> jokes and other flotsam and jetsam that has taken over. The inside
> conversations (such as between Om and her pal Kitten) are best done
> privately, since there is nothing of general interest to the group as a
> whole.
> Goomba

So did _you_ do it?
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
PeterL > wrote:

> "Default User" > wrote in news:4ginahF1nt8qmU1
> @individual.net:
>
> > OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> >
> >> Tell that to the stick-in-the-muds at Time Warner...
> >> After this, I'll never consider an RR account!

> > Well, I'm divided here. I like that an ISP takes complaints seriously.
> > However, a quick look at the newsgroup should have told them all they
> > needed to know on the subject.
> >

> Agreed. But most of them will cite "We're too busy to check into every
> complaint" as an excuse not to.
>
> I used to be with an ISP that was run by a Local Council. Any pathetic
> dipshit internet stalker with a grudge could send in an email whining
> and complaining and they'd pull your WWW access and put the onus onto
> you to prove your innocence.
>
> After the 3rd false complaint, and the 3rd restricted WWW access, I did
> my narna and told them *exactly* where to stick their friggin account.
>
> There are *lots* of ISP's around, and you don't have to take that sort
> of crap off of any of them.

Depends on where you live.
You need a local ISP and RR is the only game in town where she lives
with cable access.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
PeterL > wrote:

> > He has no idea how to handle a dominant woman! His loss. ;-)

> He can't handle dominant men either!! :-)

<lol>
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> On 29 Jun 2006 21:59:34 GMT, PeterL wrote:
>
> > RR??
> >

> Road Runner.
>
> > But having to kowtow to the only cable server in a small town makes
> > living in that town sucky :-/

> Yes. Often there are more choices than you think. We used to be
> trapped by Comcast, but I just found out that other ISPs contract with
> them. Tell her to contact Earthlink and find out if they rent
> broadband cable in her area. Here, the cost is the same for both...
> no extra charges (that I can figure out) added on.

She'll see this post, thanks! :-)
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 13:00:52 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>
> > I have, however, suggested she talk to Giganews. If I'm not mistaken,
> > signing up for a Giganews account and posting thru _their_ server should
> > take her out from under Time Warner's jurisdiction and eliminate the
> > problem, but I'm not sure.

> I suspect you are correct.

Thanks. :-)
I suggested to her earlier today that she pose this same question to
giganews if she contacts them.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> > He has no idea how to handle a dominant woman! His loss. ;-)
>
> He can't handle dominant men either!! :-)

The boy needs some serious training then........

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"~xy~" > wrote in news:bZ%og.110746
$IK3.62312@pd7tw1no:

>> > He has no idea how to handle a dominant woman! His loss. ;-)

>> He can't handle dominant men either!! :-)

> The boy needs some serious training then........

Nahhhhh, we'll just leave him to his steers..... or queers!!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 21:16:34 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> In article >,
> Goomba38 > wrote:

> > > I fail to see the difference - but thats just me. If the OT posts offend
> > > or annoy you in any way, why bother to respond? Just curious....

> > I don't mind the occasional OT thread one bit. I DO dislike the daily
> > jokes and other flotsam and jetsam that has taken over. The inside
> > conversations (such as between Om and her pal Kitten) are best done
> > privately, since there is nothing of general interest to the group as a
> > whole.
> > Goomba

> So did _you_ do it?

I suspect it wasn't anyone who is and active participant in rfc.
Think: SBD.
--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> In article >,
> Goomba38 > wrote:

>>> I fail to see the difference - but thats just me. If the OT posts offend
>>> or annoy you in any way, why bother to respond? Just curious....

>> I don't mind the occasional OT thread one bit. I DO dislike the daily
>> jokes and other flotsam and jetsam that has taken over. The inside
>> conversations (such as between Om and her pal Kitten) are best done
>> privately, since there is nothing of general interest to the group as a
>> whole.
>> Goomba

> So did _you_ do it?

Nope. Wouldn't even know how to

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> I suspect it wasn't anyone who is and active participant in rfc.
> Think: SBD.

Prolly Patches.

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 30 Jun 2006 01:22:27 -0700, -L. wrote:

> sf wrote:
> > I suspect it wasn't anyone who is and active participant in rfc.
> > Think: SBD.

> Prolly Patches.

I sincerely doubt it. She has certain people in mind, not newbies.
--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Wertz > wrote in news:15uaxishu8so1
:

> On 29 Jun 2006 21:59:34 GMT, PeterL wrote:
>
>> OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote in
>> :

>>> I have a hunch it was Steve hedging his bets.

>> Is that Steve Wertz?

> Oh, please. Next I'll be blamed for giving women periods. I
> didn't even see/read the post in question.

[SNIP]

Methinks he doth protest too much.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article <bZ%og.110746$IK3.62312@pd7tw1no>,
"~xy~" > wrote:

> > > He has no idea how to handle a dominant woman! His loss. ;-)

> > He can't handle dominant men either!! :-)

> The boy needs some serious training then........

If you want to volunteer, I'll make a matched collar and leash set....

Black leather with spikes. <G>
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 21:16:34 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > Goomba38 > wrote:

> > > I don't mind the occasional OT thread one bit. I DO dislike the daily
> > > jokes and other flotsam and jetsam that has taken over. The inside
> > > conversations (such as between Om and her pal Kitten) are best done
> > > privately, since there is nothing of general interest to the group as a
> > > whole.
> > > Goomba

> > So did _you_ do it?

> I suspect it wasn't anyone who is and active participant in rfc.
> Think: SBD.

SBD?

???????
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"jacqui{JB}" > wrote:

> "PeterL" > wrote in message
>
> > But the best solution for her would be what
> > was suggested earlier. Subscribe to Giganews,
> > or one such similar.

> Not really; any determined NetCop or NetKook will complain to the upstream
> provider.
>
> And no, it wasn't me.
> -j

If the posts are going directly to the giganews server, how can they
find the upstream server?
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Steve Wertz > wrote:

> I'll report Patches for using my name and real email address, but
> that's as far as I go. If I was reporting OT stuff here, I'd be
> busy all day long. Not my style, and I would think Katra would
> know that if she were of sound mind lately.
>
> -sw

Apology has been sent via private e-mail.
I've been suffering from serious sleep deprivation for awhile and it
does turn me into a bitch. ;-) Plus, I truly have had a bad case of PMS
for the last 7 to 10 days.

It's been a "bad one" this month.

TMI I know, but I don't generally allow myself to take my moodiness out
on others, and I owe you an apology for losing self-control like that.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 10:09:56 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> > I suspect it wasn't anyone who is and active participant in rfc.
> > Think: SBD.

> SBD?

Silent But Deadly.... a big stinky fart that didn't make any noise, it
just stinks up the entire room and everyone looks around saying "Who
did that?"

--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> In article >,
> "jacqui{JB}" > wrote:
>
> > "PeterL" > wrote in message
> >
> > > But the best solution for her would be what
> > > was suggested earlier. Subscribe to Giganews,
> > > or one such similar.

> > Not really; any determined NetCop or NetKook will complain to the

upstream
> > provider.
> >
> > And no, it wasn't me.
> > -j

> If the posts are going directly to the giganews server, how can they
> find the upstream server?

It's called "reading a header" ;-)

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> If you want to volunteer, I'll make a matched collar and leash set....

All ready to go here, any time...
Collar has rings as do wrist and ankle cuffs...

Is there an alt.binaries.bdsm.toys ?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba38 wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> > So did you do it?

> Nope. Wouldn't even know how to

It's not really that hard. If you look at the full headers, most of
them set one like so (this is yours):

Then you forward the complete message with headers to that address. The
way you view message headers is newsreader-specific.

Brian
won't shut up.
-- Dorothy Gambrell (
http://catandgirl.com)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 10:09:56 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> > >
> > > I suspect it wasn't anyone who is and active participant in rfc.
> > > Think: SBD.

> > SBD?
> >

> Silent But Deadly.... a big stinky fart that didn't make any noise, it
> just stinks up the entire room and everyone looks around saying "Who
> did that?"

Oh.

Thanks! ;-)
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> In article >,
> Steve Wertz > wrote:
>

> > I'll report Patches for using my name and real email address, but
> > that's as far as I go. If I was reporting OT stuff here, I'd be
> > busy all day long. Not my style, and I would think Katra would
> > know that if she were of sound mind lately.
> >
> > -sw

> Apology has been sent via private e-mail.
> I've been suffering from serious sleep deprivation for awhile and it
> does turn me into a bitch. ;-) Plus, I truly have had a bad case of PMS
> for the last 7 to 10 days.
>
> It's been a "bad one" this month.
>
> TMI I know, but I don't generally allow myself to take my moodiness out
> on others, and I owe you an apology for losing self-control like that.
> --
> Peace!
> Om
>
> "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch"
> -- Jack Nicholson

Whew!!!! Do you really want to share that info with thousands of
peeople ??? Talk about living your life online....

Rosie

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 30 Jun 2006 16:51:21 GMT, Default User wrote:

> Goomba38 wrote:
>
> > OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> > > So did you do it?

> > Nope. Wouldn't even know how to

> It's not really that hard. If you look at the full headers, most of
> them set one like so (this is yours):

Except the ones you really DO want to complain about have forged their
headers.
--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> On 30 Jun 2006 16:51:21 GMT, Default User wrote:
>
> > Goomba38 wrote:

> > > Nope. Wouldn't even know how to

> > It's not really that hard. If you look at the full headers, most of
> > them set one like so (this is yours):

> Except the ones you really DO want to complain about have forged their
> headers.

Not lately. The general class of spammers has gotten pretty dumb. The
big boys don't bother with usenet anymore.

Brian

won't shut up.
-- Dorothy Gambrell (
http://catandgirl.com)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"rosie" > wrote in news:1151705798.310186.225650
@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>> In article >,
>> Steve Wertz > wrote:
>>

>> > I'll report Patches for using my name and real email address, but
>> > that's as far as I go. If I was reporting OT stuff here, I'd be
>> > busy all day long. Not my style, and I would think Katra would
>> > know that if she were of sound mind lately.
>> >
>> > -sw

>> Apology has been sent via private e-mail.
>> I've been suffering from serious sleep deprivation for awhile and it
>> does turn me into a bitch. ;-) Plus, I truly have had a bad case of

PMS
>> for the last 7 to 10 days.
>>
>> It's been a "bad one" this month.
>>
>> TMI I know, but I don't generally allow myself to take my moodiness

out
>> on others, and I owe you an apology for losing self-control like

that.

> Whew!!!! Do you really want to share that info with thousands of
> peeople ??? Talk about living your life online....
>
> Rosie

Are you embarressed by it?

I'm not.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"rosie" > wrote in news:1151718123.521387.228000
@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

>> PMS

>> out

>> that.
>>

>> > Whew!!!! Do you really want to share that info with thousands of
>> > peeople ??? Talk about living your life online....
>> >
>> > Rosie
>> >

>> Are you embarressed by it?
>>
>> I'm not.
>>

> No, I'm not embarassed, but it is pretty boring, the blow job might at
> least be more interesting.
> Rosie

I actually find it quite interesting. It's a part of nature, it's life,
it's interesting.
The internal machinations that happen in 'cycles' in a woman are really
quite facinating. For instance, did you know that when a female is born,
she is born with *all* her eggs, she never reproduces them, they are all
there right from the start. So when you lose one, or all, they can never be
replaced.
And each period is actually the loss of a potential human being.

Facinating stuff when you look into it, can keep you entertained for weeks
at a time!! Whereas a blowjob, whilst *very* enjoyable, is only a
'momentary' enjoyment.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article . com>,
"-L." > wrote:

> rosie wrote:
> >
> > Whew!!!! Do you really want to share that info with thousands of
> > peeople ??? Talk about living your life online....
> >
> > Rosie

> So she's got her period - so what. It's not like she's talking about
> giving blowjobs or something.
>
> -L.

<rofl>!
Ever perused some of the odd threads about food and sex? ;-)
It's been awhile since I've seen someone start one, but they can be
"enlightening". <G>

I was rude to sw in public.
I owed him a public apology.....
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
PeterL > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote in news:Omelet-
> :
>
> > In article >,
> > Steve Wertz > wrote:
> >

> >> I'll report Patches for using my name and real email address, but
> >> that's as far as I go. If I was reporting OT stuff here, I'd be
> >> busy all day long. Not my style, and I would think Katra would
> >> know that if she were of sound mind lately.
> >>
> >> -sw

> > Apology has been sent via private e-mail.
> > I've been suffering from serious sleep deprivation for awhile and it
> > does turn me into a bitch. ;-) Plus, I truly have had a bad case of

> PMS
> > for the last 7 to 10 days.
> >
> > It's been a "bad one" this month.

> Do you normally have a 'bad one' every 3 months or so?
>
> Most of the women I know seem to coast thru every 2-3 months, and then
> have a really bad one that lays then up for a few days..

Seems to depend more on what phase of the moon it is. Seriously.
I'm usually okay on waning moons but waxing moons not good to me.
And, like I said, it depends on how much sleep I've had. ;-)

> > TMI I know, but I don't generally allow myself to take my moodiness

> out
> > on others, and I owe you an apology for losing self-control like that.

> Just stay away from the gun cabinet!!

<lol>
I actually keep my 9mm in my bedroom..... ;-)
It will be kept in my truck once my darn CHL arrives!

Don't be scared, I tend more towards verbal, not physical abuse.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"rosie" > wrote:

> > Are you embarressed by it?
> >
> > I'm not.
> >

> > --
> > Peter Lucas
> > Brisbane
> > Australia
> >
> > 'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

> No, I'm not embarassed, but it is pretty boring, the blow job might at
> least be more interesting.
> Rosie

So feel free to start another "food and sex" thread. ;-)
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

weed control Sheldon Martin[_2_] General Cooking 11 13-07-2016 05:01 PM
weed control Jeßus[_56_] General Cooking 0 12-07-2016 10:35 PM
Eat the Weed! Todd Diabetic 19 25-06-2013 05:44 PM
How to weed out RFC (was: Hey Om, I'm in!!!!!) PeterL General Cooking 4 28-06-2006 03:13 AM
How to weed out RFC (was: hey Om I'm in!!!!!!!!!!) JesicaJizz General Cooking 0 27-06-2006 10:18 AM