Curly Sue

Default Airline food

We haven't discussed airline food in a while. Don't read the
following article before dinner :P

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7921599/

"Pink slimy substance"? Ewwwww...

Sue(tm)
jmcquown

Curly Sue wrote:
> We haven't discussed airline food in a while. Don't read the
> following article before dinner :P
>
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7921599/
>
> "Pink slimy substance"? Ewwwww...
>
> Sue(tm)
> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

Guess I should be glad they only offer trail mix on my short flights!

Jill

Goomba38

jmcquown wrote:

> Curly Sue wrote:
>
>>We haven't discussed airline food in a while. Don't read the
>>following article before dinner :P
>>
>>http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7921599/
>>
>>"Pink slimy substance"? Ewwwww...
>>
>>Sue(tm)
>>Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

> Guess I should be glad they only offer trail mix on my short flights!
>
> Jill

I flew Delta last week... Peanuts are back!! Hooray!!! I was so sick of
pretzels.
Goomba
EchoSierra

That's just NUTTY!

Ellen

Stan Horwitz

In article >,
(Curly Sue) wrote:

> We haven't discussed airline food in a while. Don't read the
> following article before dinner :P

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7921599/

Sue, if 45 people are all who got sickened on airline food that day, I
am impressed. With the huge number of people who fly each day, 45 is a
very small number. That being said, it is 45 too many. I hope steps are
being taken to clean up that situation, literally.

jmcquown

Goomba38 wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Curly Sue wrote:
>>
>>> We haven't discussed airline food in a while. Don't read the
>>> following article before dinner :P
>>>
>>> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7921599/
>>>
>>> "Pink slimy substance"? Ewwwww...
>>>
>>> Sue(tm)
>>> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

>> Guess I should be glad they only offer trail mix on my short flights!
>>
>> Jill

> I flew Delta last week... Peanuts are back!! Hooray!!! I was so sick
> of pretzels.
> Goomba

I've learned take my own snacks with me on the plane. Woe to the person who
can't deal with peanut butter crackers. I once got a "breakfast" of a
banana, a cup of milk and a small package of corn flakes. Woo hoo!

Jill

jmcquown

Dog3 wrote:
> Goomba38 > wrote in news:6NSdnUqqdrwB4BPfRVn-
> :
>
>> jmcquown wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7921599/

>>> Guess I should be glad they only offer trail mix on my short
>>> flights!
>>>
>>> Jill

>> I flew Delta last week... Peanuts are back!! Hooray!!! I was so sick
>> of pretzels.
>> Goomba
>>

> I never eat the airline food except the peanuts or other snacks, like
> pretzels as you pointed out. OTOH, I used to love the tiny little
> airline bottles of booze =)
>
> Michael

IIRC they don't even give you those anymore. They pour your drink for you,
heavily diluted with ice and whatever mixer and charge you $5. I wait until
I land to start drinking unless it looks like the plane will go down! LOL

Jill

Petey the Wonder Dog

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>We haven't discussed airline food in a while.

My adivce: bring your own food.
Something really good, like a Dagwood Bumstead sandwich.

People will envy you more than if you showed up in a private limo.
Bronwyn

True,

In Australia we now have two cut price airlines, so food is basic and
costs a few bucks.
I take my own if the flt is around meal time I find the packs of
fresh sushi are ideal and everyone looks enviously at it incl. the
hosties!!
Hard to beat a beautiful sandwich from home too.

Cheers
Bronwyn

Tony P.

In article >,
says...
> Curly Sue wrote:
> > We haven't discussed airline food in a while. Don't read the
> > following article before dinner :P

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7921599/

> > "Pink slimy substance"? Ewwwww...
> >
> > Sue(tm)
> > Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

> Guess I should be glad they only offer trail mix on my short flights!

All I've ever gotten was a packet of peanuts and a cup of soda.

I suppose if you're flying first class the meal choices change. But then
you risk the food poisoning. How delightful.

axlq

In article >,
Stan Horwitz > wrote:
>> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7921599/

>Sue, if 45 people are all who got sickened on airline food that day, I
>am impressed. With the huge number of people who fly each day, 45 is a
>very small number. That being said, it is 45 too many. I hope steps are
>being taken to clean up that situation, literally.

Two things you probably didn't consider:

1. It takes a while for the food poisoning to appear. 45 is only
the number who reported, out of possibly more who just suffered on
their own and recovered.

2. Salads with carrots are not normally served in coach class. In
coach you get crackers or pretzels and a drink. Business or first
class has the more elaborate meals that include salads. If the food
poisoning was restricted to first class passengers, then the small
number of cases makes sense. Although for long overseas flights,
the cattle in the main cabin might get a salad too...

-A
Becca

Continental still feeds you, even on short flights. I did not read the
article, I will be flying in a couple of weeks.

Becca
scrooge

Don't knock it, girl. You're mighty close to my "normal" breakfast.

Scrooge

scrooge

And my "normal" breakfast is usually eaten out of a coffee mug.
God, I HATE doing dishes.
Scrooge

jmcquown

Becca wrote:
> Continental still feeds you, even on short flights. I did not read the
> article, I will be flying in a couple of weeks.
>
> Becca

Northwest doesn't, but I'll be on the plane anyway on June 1st

Jill

Beaker

On Sat, 21 May 2005 18:45:19 -0500, jmcquown quoth:

> Northwest doesn't, but I'll be on the plane anyway on June 1st

Northwest once had the best airline food for a short while in
the late 1990's - they were handing out lavosh (sp?) wrap-sandwiches
that were quite good, and full of fresh veggies. It was a no-brainer -
these simple, tasty, crispy, fresh things were exactly what airlines
should serve.

Eventually for some unfathomable reason they went back to the
stupid TV-dinner style hot dinners and the vending machine style
stale-roll-and-lunchmeat lunches that mades airline food such a joke to
begin with. Perhaps their laywers were afraid fresh food might cause
food poisoning, and made them switch back to the preservative-laden stuff
that bacteria couldn't grow in. Frankly, I don't miss those much,
except for the little cookie or chocolate packets. Warm bagels and
yogurt would be nice on the red-eye flights, though.

I'll be flying on Northwest for the next 3 days...woo, more FF miles!
I will be bringing my own trail mix.

bkr

Jim Davis

We haven't flown in a long time until recently and we've taken 2 trips,
4K miles + each, in the past 2 months, one on America West and the other
Delta. What happened to the food!? We got a few peanuts on one flight
and some cheese and crackers on the other! Apparently airline meals, as
bad as they were, are a thing of the past.

Beaker wrote:

>On Sat, 21 May 2005 18:45:19 -0500, jmcquown quoth:
>

>>Northwest doesn't, but I'll be on the plane anyway on June 1st
>>

> Northwest once had the best airline food for a short while in
>the late 1990's - they were handing out lavosh (sp?) wrap-sandwiches
>that were quite good, and full of fresh veggies. It was a no-brainer -
>these simple, tasty, crispy, fresh things were exactly what airlines
>should serve.
>
> Eventually for some unfathomable reason they went back to the
>stupid TV-dinner style hot dinners and the vending machine style
>stale-roll-and-lunchmeat lunches that mades airline food such a joke to
>begin with. Perhaps their laywers were afraid fresh food might cause
>food poisoning, and made them switch back to the preservative-laden stuff
>that bacteria couldn't grow in. Frankly, I don't miss those much,
>except for the little cookie or chocolate packets. Warm bagels and
>yogurt would be nice on the red-eye flights, though.
>
> I'll be flying on Northwest for the next 3 days...woo, more FF miles!
>I will be bringing my own trail mix.
>
>bkr

Alexis

In article >, Jim Davis
> wrote:

> We haven't flown in a long time until recently and we've taken 2 trips,
> 4K miles + each, in the past 2 months, one on America West and the other
> Delta. What happened to the food!? We got a few peanuts on one flight
> and some cheese and crackers on the other! Apparently airline meals, as
> bad as they were, are a thing of the past.

Cathay Pacific has excellent food, and even passes out a menu. I've flown
the Vnaocuver-NYC route a few times in the last couple of years, and have
always had a great meal. Ironically, Cathay's is the cheapest airfare for
this route, cheaper even than Continental or Alaska, and it's direct.

Sample menu (Feb/Mar/April menu) -
Prawn Salad with Thousand Islands Dressing
choice of Pan-Fried Chicken with Black Bean Sauce & Peppers, Egg Fried
Rice with Green Onion or Pan-Fried Pork Loin with Maderia & Prune Sauce,
Herb Mashed Potatoes & Italian Mixed Veg or Penne Pasta in Cream Sauce
with Smoked Salmon Dessert - Tiramisu, Bread Roll & Butter, Milano
Cookies, Tea & Coffee.
Wine Choices included CFOnd de Cave Malbec Reserva 2003, Ironstone
California Chardonnay 2002 & CHilensis Sauvignon Blanc 2004.

alexis
dwacon

"Alexis" > wrote in message
> In article >, Jim Davis
> > wrote:
>
>> We haven't flown in a long time until recently and we've taken 2 trips,
>> 4K miles + each, in the past 2 months, one on America West and the other
>> Delta. What happened to the food!? We got a few peanuts on one flight
>> and some cheese and crackers on the other! Apparently airline meals, as
>> bad as they were, are a thing of the past.

IME, unless you are flying first class... you have to buy your own in the
terminal.

--
Jennifer Wilbanks is...
The Runaway Bride...

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0525-3, 06/23/2005
Tested on: 6/24/2005 12:52:10 AM

Scotty

"Alexis" > wrote in message

> Cathay Pacific has excellent food, and even passes out a menu. I've
> flown
> the Vnaocuver-NYC route a few times in the last couple of years, and
> have
> always had a great meal. Ironically, Cathay's is the cheapest airfare
> for
> this route, cheaper even than Continental or Alaska, and it's direct.

Where the heck is Vnaocuver?

Scott

Sheldon

Scotty wrote:
> "Alexis" > wrote in message
>
> > Cathay Pacific has excellent food, and even passes out a menu. I've
> > flown
> > the Vnaocuver-NYC route a few times in the last couple of years, and
> > have
> > always had a great meal. Ironically, Cathay's is the cheapest airfare
> > for
> > this route, cheaper even than Continental or Alaska, and it's direct.

> Where the heck is Vnaocuver?

Vnaocuver, Cadana... Snotty!

Sheldon

Airline food policies Grizzman General Cooking 14 03-06-2006 08:00 PM
Airline Food [email protected] General Cooking 7 19-04-2005 07:09 PM
Airline food Dimitri General Cooking 85 09-02-2005 10:22 AM
Airline food Dimitri General Cooking 0 13-01-2005 06:20 PM
Airline food Dimitri General Cooking 0 13-01-2005 06:20 PM