Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chicken Fried Steak vs. Country Fried Steak

Google had 449,000 hits on Chicken Fried Steak and 147,000 hits on Country
Fried Steak. In the vast majority of articles I read, there was little if
any distinction made between the two. In fact, most of the articles stated
they were one in the same. Most references were of Southern origin. I think
the perception, rather than the distinction, is highly subjective and almost
entirely dependent on what was common in one's family when growing up.

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
28.19...
> Google had 449,000 hits on Chicken Fried Steak and 147,000 hits on Country
> Fried Steak. In the vast majority of articles I read, there was little if
> any distinction made between the two. In fact, most of the articles
> stated
> they were one in the same. Most references were of Southern origin. I
> think
> the perception, rather than the distinction, is highly subjective and
> almost
> entirely dependent on what was common in one's family when growing up.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬

Chicken fried steak destroys the left ventricle of your heart first. Country
fried does the opposite. Both involve pure pleasure while waiting for the
destruction to begin. :-)