FoodBanter.com

-   -   Chicken Fried Steak vs. Country Fried Steak (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/91499-chicken-fried-steak-vs.html)

Wayne Boatwright[_1_] 15-05-2006 01:15 PM

Chicken Fried Steak vs. Country Fried Steak

Google had 449,000 hits on Chicken Fried Steak and 147,000 hits on Country
Fried Steak. In the vast majority of articles I read, there was little if
any distinction made between the two. In fact, most of the articles stated
they were one in the same. Most references were of Southern origin. I think
the perception, rather than the distinction, is highly subjective and almost
entirely dependent on what was common in one's family when growing up.

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________

JoeSpareBedroom 15-05-2006 02:00 PM

Chicken Fried Steak vs. Country Fried Steak

"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
28.19...
> Google had 449,000 hits on Chicken Fried Steak and 147,000 hits on Country
> Fried Steak. In the vast majority of articles I read, there was little if
> any distinction made between the two. In fact, most of the articles
> stated
> they were one in the same. Most references were of Southern origin. I
> think
> the perception, rather than the distinction, is highly subjective and
> almost
> entirely dependent on what was common in one's family when growing up.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬

Chicken fried steak destroys the left ventricle of your heart first. Country
fried does the opposite. Both involve pure pleasure while waiting for the
destruction to begin. :-)