Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Grocery Outlet Finds

Yesterday we had a couple appointments out of town a little ways.
Right next door to one of them was a new Grocery Outlet. So, I hopped
in.

Found some lovely cheeses, Fontina, Sonomo Garlic Jack, Boursin for
99 cents, Chevre, I left the Dill Havarti, because I already had so much
cheese. I also found some wine cured sliced salami, for less than $3 a
pound, which is a great price around here. Some lotions and soaps and
such that we needed. The really neat things we got were four bottles of
Sparkling Pomegranate Cider for 99 cents each and Niman Ranch Chorizo
for some very ridiculously low price. The cider was good, the
pomegranate taste was wonderful, but the apple they used wasn't as high
a quality as some. For 99 cents, though, it was quite a deal, and it
was still very nice. The chorizo was wonderful, and we had it with eggs
and tortillas last night.

Regards,
Ranee

Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 May 2006 11:03:22 -0700, Ranee Mueller
> wrote:

> Yesterday we had a couple appointments out of town a little ways.
>Right next door to one of them was a new Grocery Outlet. So, I hopped
>in.

We have one a couple of miles away, and go a lot. It's worth it just
for getting James's bread half price, but I love the place. Yesterday,
we spent a hundred dollars, but that was a cart and a half's worth of
food.

serene (six really good avocados for $1.49, Gardenburger Riblets for
two bucks a box, soymilk for 99 cents a half-gallon, etc.)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ranee Mueller wrote on Friday, May 12:

> Yesterday we had a couple appointments out of town a little ways.
> Right next door to one of them was a new Grocery Outlet. So, I hopped
> in.

<SNIP>

I wasn't aware of this company. I see they have a website and 2 or 3
locations
in Santa Clara County, CA (San Jose). I'll make a point to check it
out.

Thanks for the reference.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"kevin" > wrote:

> I wasn't aware of this company. I see they have a website and 2 or 3
> locations in Santa Clara County, CA (San Jose). I'll make a point to
> check it out.
>
> Thanks for the reference.

We have three (now that I found the new one) in our area that I know
of, and they are great. It's kind of hit and miss, though, if you see
something you'd like to try, get it. It may be there for a long time,
or it may be the last time you see it. That's why I bought four of the
pomegranate ciders, even though I wasn't sure if we'd like them. For 99
cents, I knew _someone_ we ran into would like them, and if they were
good we might not be able to find them again. We once tried a sparkling
chardonnay grape juice that we found for a dollar, and ended up calling
all the Grocery Outlets in our area trying to get more. My inlaws went
to theirs down by their house in OR, and bought us a case. It was by
far the best sparkling grape juice we'd ever tried, not like soda pop or
syrupy, but crisp and very bubbly.