Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chocolate gnocchi Recipe

For those interested here is the recipe of chocolate gnocchi.

Chocolate Gnocchi

Category: First dish
Nb persons: 4

1 kg potatoes - (a floured quality)
1 sprig rosemary
200 g flour - all purpose
100 g bitter cocoa
2 eggs
1/2 nutmeg - grated
salt - for the water
1tsp oil - for the water
Gorgonzola sauce:
400 g gorgonzola cheese - sweet
200 ml milk
1 hot chili pepper
4 tufts parsley - for garnishing

Boil potatoes with skin till they are soft. When they are ready, drain, peel
and mush them on a pastryboard with the proper tool.
Let them cool for about 10 minutes, then add cocoa, flour (a little at a
time) , eggs and nutmeg. Kneed till you obtain a smooth dough (not a sticky
dough). Flour the pastry board. Then cut from the ball some pieces of dough
at a time and make with these some long cilinders (I call them "long
snakes") 0.8in thick , which you will roll over the floured pastryboard.
Then cut the snakes into little rectangules 1 inch long.
Roll these gnocchi over the gnocchi board or over a fork and put them over a
tray.
Put a big pan of salted water on the fire and when it boil put your gnocchi
inside. They are ready when they come on the surface (few minutes).

While you are waiting for the boiling water, prepare your cheese sauce.
Cut gorgonzola in little pieces. Put it inside a saucepan togheter with milk
and minced hot chili pepper (if it is too hot, you can throw away seeds);
let the sauce on a low fire till the cheese is liquefied.

When gnocchi are ready, put them in the saucepan with cheese and mix well.
Serve in dishes with parsley leaves over.

Note: You can make your favourite sauce with other cheese or with whatever
you want. I would try with pears and cheese or strawberry and cheese.

Have a good meal
Pandora

Nutritional facts per serving (daily value):
Calories 434kcal
Protein 14g (28%)
Total Fat 6g (9%)
Sat. 2g (9%)
Chol. 98mg (33%)
Carb. 81g (27%)
Fiber 8g (30%)
Sugars 6g
Calcium 95mg (10%)
Iron 4mg (23%)

----------

Exported from Shop'NCook 3.1 (http://www.shopncook.com)

--
Cheers
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pandora wrote:
> For those interested here is the recipe of chocolate gnocchi.
>
> Chocolate Gnocchi

eating it now!
I added roasted pears and toasted hazelnuts to the sauce. very good!

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 01 May 2006 01:03:11 GMT, The Bubbo >
wrote:

>Pandora wrote:
>> For those interested here is the recipe of chocolate gnocchi.
>>
>> Chocolate Gnocchi
>>

>eating it now!
>I added roasted pears and toasted hazelnuts to the sauce. very good!

No peectures?

serene, with tuna casserole in the oven
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Serene" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Mon, 01 May 2006 01:03:11 GMT, The Bubbo >
> wrote:
>
>>Pandora wrote:
>>> For those interested here is the recipe of chocolate gnocchi.
>>>
>>> Chocolate Gnocchi
>>>

>>eating it now!
>>I added roasted pears and toasted hazelnuts to the sauce. very good!

> No peectures?
>
> serene, with tuna casserole in the oven

I haven't understand! Is there anyone who ate my chocolate gnocchi?
I have posted pics in the previous post ("Chocolate gnocchi pics").

Hey Serene, how came out your swet angel's cake ? I hope well

--
Cheers
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pandora wrote:
> "Serene" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> > On Mon, 01 May 2006 01:03:11 GMT, The Bubbo >
> > wrote:

> >>eating it now!
> >>I added roasted pears and toasted hazelnuts to the sauce. very good!

> > No peectures?
> >
> > serene, with tuna casserole in the oven

> I haven't understand! Is there anyone who ate my chocolate gnocchi?

Yes, Heather (the Bubbo) made it and added roasted pears and hazelnuts
to the sauce.

> I have posted pics in the previous post ("Chocolate gnocchi pics").

I know. I was just seeing if Heather took pics, too.

serene

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> ha scritto nel messaggio
oups.com...

> Pandora wrote:
>> "Serene" > ha scritto nel messaggio

>> > No peectures?
>> >
>> > serene, with tuna casserole in the oven

>> I haven't understand! Is there anyone who ate my chocolate gnocchi?

> Yes, Heather (the Bubbo) made it and added roasted pears and hazelnuts
> to the sauce.
>
>> I have posted pics in the previous post ("Chocolate gnocchi pics").

> I know. I was just seeing if Heather took pics, too.
>
> serene

Ohhh! Thank you. Today My boyfriend took the other chocolate gnocchi from
the freezer (because I liked them too much) and made them with pears
(boiled in karkadè for colour) , raclette cheese and strawberries. Then I
only finished his dish with some leaves of spearmeant. Very nice indeed.

--
Cheers
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pandora wrote:

> "Serene" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>> On Mon, 01 May 2006 01:03:11 GMT, The Bubbo >
>> wrote:

>>>eating it now!
>>>I added roasted pears and toasted hazelnuts to the sauce. very good!

>> No peectures?
>>
>> serene, with tuna casserole in the oven

> I haven't understand! Is there anyone who ate my chocolate gnocchi?
> I have posted pics in the previous post ("Chocolate gnocchi pics").
>
> Hey Serene, how came out your swet angel's cake ? I hope well

yep, I made it. I have to say that the gnocchi themselves were super bitter, I
probably won't make them again, but I loved the sauce!