Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chocolate Gnocchi pics

Today I have made Chocolate gnocchi. Inside dough there are potatoes, nutmeg
and bitter cocoa. I have seasoned them with a gorgonzola sauce. They are
very yummy! Next time I will try a new sauce with pears and fontina cheese
or raclette cheese.
If someone is interested in the very simple recipe, please tell me. I think
chocolate dough would work also for homemade egg fettuccine

Here are some pics. I hope you will enjoy !

http://i2.tinypic.com/wtgdhy.jpg

http://i1.tinypic.com/wtgcva.jpg

http://i2.tinypic.com/wtgd2f.jpg

http://i2.tinypic.com/wtgd5j.jpg

http://i3.tinypic.com/wtgdbl.jpg
--
Cheers
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pandora wrote:
> Today I have made Chocolate gnocchi.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/clombardi/123236650/

Oh, jeeze... don't have to worry about anyone stealing that *poop*!

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jke Jke is offline

Hello Pandora,

As always, it is great to see your food AND to see it in progress. For what
kind of meal/course did you have this? I would be torn between having it as
a main course OR as a dessert.

I think I'd opt for lunch out of sheer undecidedness. What did you do?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pandora" > wrote in message
> Today I have made Chocolate gnocchi. Inside dough there are potatoes,
> nutmeg and bitter cocoa. I have seasoned them with a gorgonzola sauce.
> They are very yummy! Next time I will try a new sauce with pears and
> fontina cheese or raclette cheese.
> If someone is interested in the very simple recipe, please tell me. I
> think chocolate dough would work also for homemade egg fettuccine
>
> Here are some pics. I hope you will enjoy !
>
> http://i2.tinypic.com/wtgdhy.jpg
>
> http://i1.tinypic.com/wtgcva.jpg
>
> http://i2.tinypic.com/wtgd2f.jpg
>
> http://i2.tinypic.com/wtgd5j.jpg
>
> http://i3.tinypic.com/wtgdbl.jpg
> --
> Cheers
> Pandora

Pandora I really like to see the pictures you post.
Do you use a little gnocchi board for your indentations?
http://tinyurl.com/jy72d
Thanks,
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jke" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> Hello Pandora,
>
> As always, it is great to see your food AND to see it in progress. For
> what kind of meal/course did you have this? I would be torn between having
> it as a main course OR as a dessert.
>
> I think I'd opt for lunch out of sheer undecidedness. What did you do?

Are you the Jake I met in Holland ? Did you forget an "a" in your nick?

BTW ! For italian is a "first dish" like pasta or rice.
It's the first time I eat such a thing but I must say it is a paradisiac
taste
Thank you
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee Randall" > ha scritto nel messaggio

> "Pandora" > wrote in message
>> Today I have made Chocolate gnocchi. Inside dough there are potatoes,
>> nutmeg and bitter cocoa. I have seasoned them with a gorgonzola sauce.
>> They are very yummy! Next time I will try a new sauce with pears and
>> fontina cheese or raclette cheese.
>> If someone is interested in the very simple recipe, please tell me. I
>> think chocolate dough would work also for homemade egg fettuccine
>>
>> Here are some pics. I hope you will enjoy !
>>
>> http://i2.tinypic.com/wtgdhy.jpg
>>
>> http://i1.tinypic.com/wtgcva.jpg
>>
>> http://i2.tinypic.com/wtgd2f.jpg
>>
>> http://i2.tinypic.com/wtgd5j.jpg
>>
>> http://i3.tinypic.com/wtgdbl.jpg
>> --
>> Cheers
>> Pandora

> Pandora I really like to see the pictures you post.
> Do you use a little gnocchi board for your indentations?
> http://tinyurl.com/jy72d
> Thanks,
> Dee Dee

I enjoy you like to see my pics
Yes , I have used the little gnocchi board with indentations

--
Cheers
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pandora" > wrote in message

> "Dee Randall" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> >
> > "Pandora" > wrote in message
> >> Today I have made Chocolate gnocchi. Inside dough there are potatoes,
> >> nutmeg and bitter cocoa. I have seasoned them with a gorgonzola sauce.
> >> They are very yummy! Next time I will try a new sauce with pears and
> >> fontina cheese or raclette cheese.
> >> If someone is interested in the very simple recipe, please tell me. I
> >> think chocolate dough would work also for homemade egg fettuccine
> >>
> >> Here are some pics. I hope you will enjoy !
> >>
> >> http://i2.tinypic.com/wtgdhy.jpg
> >>
> >> http://i1.tinypic.com/wtgcva.jpg
> >>
> >> http://i2.tinypic.com/wtgd2f.jpg
> >>
> >> http://i2.tinypic.com/wtgd5j.jpg
> >>
> >> http://i3.tinypic.com/wtgdbl.jpg
> >> --
> >> Cheers
> >> Pandora

> > Pandora I really like to see the pictures you post.
> > Do you use a little gnocchi board for your indentations?
> > http://tinyurl.com/jy72d
> > Thanks,
> > Dee Dee

> I enjoy you like to see my pics
> Yes , I have used the little gnocchi board with indentations
>
> --
> Cheers
> Pandora

I was wondering how you got those lines in the gnocchi! I didn't know there
was a special board. Thanks!

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 15:38:16 GMT, "kilikini"
> wrote:

>> I enjoy you like to see my pics
>> Yes , I have used the little gnocchi board with indentations
>>
>> Cheers
>> Pandora
>>

>I was wondering how you got those lines in the gnocchi! I didn't know there
>was a special board. Thanks!
>
>kili

I bought a set of butter paddles at a flea market that do the same
thing.

Sue(tm)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" > wrote

> I was wondering how you got those lines in the gnocchi! I didn't know
> there
> was a special board. Thanks!

Generally I see people roll the dough off the back
of a fork to get the lines.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Curly Sue" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 15:38:16 GMT, "kilikini"
> > wrote:
>
> >> I enjoy you like to see my pics
> >> Yes , I have used the little gnocchi board with indentations
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >> Pandora
> >>

> >I was wondering how you got those lines in the gnocchi! I didn't know

there
> >was a special board. Thanks!
> >
> >kili
> >

> I bought a set of butter paddles at a flea market that do the same
> thing.
>
> Sue(tm)
> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

Okay, this is a new term for me. What's a butter paddle? (Just tell me,
please don't make me do a Google!)

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message

> "kilikini" > wrote
>
> > I was wondering how you got those lines in the gnocchi! I didn't know
> > there
> > was a special board. Thanks!

> Generally I see people roll the dough off the back
> of a fork to get the lines.
>
> nancy

Really? I would think fork tines would be too large for that, but okay!

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini wrote:
> "Curly Sue" wrote:
> > kilikini wrote:
> >
> > >I was wondering how you got those lines in the gnocchi! I didn't know
> > > there was a special board. Thanks!
> > >

> > I bought a set of butter paddles at a flea market that do the same
> > thing.

> Okay, this is a new term for me. What's a butter paddle? (Just tell me,
> please don't make me do a Google!)
>
> kili

Butter paddles are for paddling your butt! hehe

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" > wrote in message

> "Pandora" > wrote in message

>> > Pandora I really like to see the pictures you post.
>> > Do you use a little gnocchi board for your indentations?
>> > http://tinyurl.com/jy72d
>> > Thanks,
>> > Dee Dee

>> I enjoy you like to see my pics
>> Yes , I have used the little gnocchi board with indentations
>>
>> --
>> Cheers
>> Pandora
>>

> I was wondering how you got those lines in the gnocchi! I didn't know
> there
> was a special board. Thanks!
>
> kili

You can use a fork, too. I was about to ask DH to make me a gnocchi board
when I realized the backside of the tiles I was using in the oven had the
same ridges. Works really well.

Donna

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" > wrote in message

> "Curly Sue" > wrote in message

>> >I was wondering how you got those lines in the gnocchi! I didn't know

> there
>> >was a special board. Thanks!
>> >
>> >kili
>> >

>> I bought a set of butter paddles at a flea market that do the same
>> thing.
>>
>> Sue(tm)
>> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

> Okay, this is a new term for me. What's a butter paddle? (Just tell me,
> please don't make me do a Google!)
>
> kili

Which came first?

Fantes says for their gnocchi board
http://fantes.com/pastamakers.htm#gnocchi

"Also used in pairs for rolling cold butter into balls"

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 13:04:29 -0400, "Dee Randall"
> wrote:

>"kilikini" > wrote in message
. ..

>> "Curly Sue" > wrote in message

>>> I bought a set of butter paddles at a flea market that do the same
>>> thing.
>>>
>>> Sue(tm)
>>> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

>> Okay, this is a new term for me. What's a butter paddle? (Just tell me,
>> please don't make me do a Google!)
>>
>> kili
>>

>Which came first?
>
>Fantes says for their gnocchi board
>http://fantes.com/pastamakers.htm#gnocchi
>
>"Also used in pairs for rolling cold butter into balls"
>
>Dee Dee

In the US, anyway, the butter paddles undoubtably came first.

http://www.museum.state.il.us/exhibi...utterhands.htm

Sue(tm)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Curly Sue" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 13:04:29 -0400, "Dee Randall"
> > wrote:
>

> >"kilikini" > wrote in message
> . ..

> >> Okay, this is a new term for me. What's a butter paddle? (Just tell

me,
> >> please don't make me do a Google!)
> >>
> >> kili
> >>

> >Which came first?
> >
> >Fantes says for their gnocchi board
> >http://fantes.com/pastamakers.htm#gnocchi
> >
> >"Also used in pairs for rolling cold butter into balls"
> >
> >Dee Dee

> In the US, anyway, the butter paddles undoubtably came first.
>
> http://www.museum.state.il.us/exhibi...utterhands.htm
>
> Sue(tm)
> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

Okay, but you have to agree, not everyone has a spare butter paddle in the
house. I know *I* sure don't! LOL. I'd have to use a fork or a true
gnocchi board. :~)

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pandora wrote:
> Today I have made Chocolate gnocchi. Inside dough there are potatoes, nutmeg
> and bitter cocoa. I have seasoned them with a gorgonzola sauce. They are
> very yummy! Next time I will try a new sauce with pears and fontina cheese
> or raclette cheese.
> If someone is interested in the very simple recipe, please tell me. I think
> chocolate dough would work also for homemade egg fettuccine
>
> Here are some pics. I hope you will enjoy !
>
> http://i2.tinypic.com/wtgdhy.jpg
>
> http://i1.tinypic.com/wtgcva.jpg
>
> http://i2.tinypic.com/wtgd2f.jpg
>
> http://i2.tinypic.com/wtgd5j.jpg
>
> http://i3.tinypic.com/wtgdbl.jpg

recipe please!
those look wonderful and i love mixing flavors like that.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Here is two pics of the gnocchi board I use

http://i2.tinypic.com/wu30rc.jpg

or
http://i2.tinypic.com/wu33tg.jpg

--
Cheers
Pandora

"kilikini" > ha scritto nel messaggio

> "Pandora" > wrote in message

>> > Pandora I really like to see the pictures you post.
>> > Do you use a little gnocchi board for your indentations?
>> > http://tinyurl.com/jy72d
>> > Thanks,
>> > Dee Dee

>> I enjoy you like to see my pics
>> Yes , I have used the little gnocchi board with indentations
>>
>> --
>> Cheers
>> Pandora
>>

> I was wondering how you got those lines in the gnocchi! I didn't know
> there
> was a special board. Thanks!
>
> kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pandora" > wrote in message
> Here is two pics of the gnocchi board I use
>
> http://i2.tinypic.com/wu30rc.jpg
>
> or
> http://i2.tinypic.com/wu33tg.jpg
>

> --
> Cheers
> Pandora

So you roll the gnocchi on there? That's how you shape them?

kili <------ curious

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Curly Sue" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 13:04:29 -0400, "Dee Randall"
> > wrote:
>

>>"kilikini" > wrote in message
.. .

>>> Okay, this is a new term for me. What's a butter paddle? (Just tell
>>> me,
>>> please don't make me do a Google!)
>>>
>>> kili
>>>

>>Which came first?
>>
>>Fantes says for their gnocchi board
>>http://fantes.com/pastamakers.htm#gnocchi
>>
>>"Also used in pairs for rolling cold butter into balls"
>>
>>Dee Dee

> In the US, anyway, the butter paddles undoubtably came first.
>
> http://www.museum.state.il.us/exhibi...utterhands.htm

Yes! It's very similar
Cheers
Pandora

> Sue(tm)
> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"The Bubbo" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> Pandora wrote:
>> Today I have made Chocolate gnocchi. Inside dough there are potatoes,
>> nutmeg
>> and bitter cocoa. I have seasoned them with a gorgonzola sauce. They are
>> very yummy! Next time I will try a new sauce with pears and fontina
>> cheese
>> or raclette cheese.
>> If someone is interested in the very simple recipe, please tell me. I
>> think
>> chocolate dough would work also for homemade egg fettuccine
>>
>> Here are some pics. I hope you will enjoy !
>>
>> http://i2.tinypic.com/wtgdhy.jpg
>>
>> http://i1.tinypic.com/wtgcva.jpg
>>
>> http://i2.tinypic.com/wtgd2f.jpg
>>
>> http://i2.tinypic.com/wtgd5j.jpg
>>
>> http://i3.tinypic.com/wtgdbl.jpg

> recipe please!
> those look wonderful and i love mixing flavors like that.

Thank you
I will write the recipe ASAP. It's very simple.

--
Cheers
Pandora

> --
> .:Heather:.
> www.velvet-c.com
> Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pandora wrote:

>> recipe please!
>> those look wonderful and i love mixing flavors like that.

> Thank you
> I will write the recipe ASAP. It's very simple.

I have to say you you consistently post pics of food that I instantly want to
make! Thank you

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"The Bubbo" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> Pandora wrote:
>
>>> recipe please!
>>> those look wonderful and i love mixing flavors like that.

>> Thank you
>> I will write the recipe ASAP. It's very simple.
>>

> I have to say you you consistently post pics of food that I instantly want
> make! Thank you

Perhaps I should invite you
BTW Thank you to you!

--
Cheers
Pandora

> --
> .:Heather:.
> www.velvet-c.com
> Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" > ha scritto nel messaggio
.. .

> "Pandora" > wrote in message
>> Here is two pics of the gnocchi board I use
>>
>> http://i2.tinypic.com/wu30rc.jpg
>>
>> or
>> http://i2.tinypic.com/wu33tg.jpg
>>

>> --
>> Cheers
>> Pandora
>>

> So you roll the gnocchi on there? That's how you shape them?

Yes! It's simple, you can try and the little gnocchi board coasts very
little (about 2 euros, here).

--
Cheers
Pandora

> kili <------ curious

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jke Jke is offline

> Are you the Jake I met in Holland ?

Yep.

Did you forget an "a" in your nick?

I changed it

> BTW ! For italian is a "first dish" like pasta or rice.

Thank you, that woudl gho aginst my isntincts. But my instincts chabgne
every time I try something new!

> It's the first time I eat such a thing but I must say it is a paradisiac
> taste

I can imagine. Isn't it great to have great meals? I find it one of the
happiest making things and with some luck it happens on a very regular
basis. What a blessing.