Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Menu Planning?

"Ranee Mueller" > wrote in message

>> Sometimes. Many of us enjoy cooking. It is something we do for
>> pleasure,
>> not just to eat.

> Do you have young children?
>
> I love to cook, it is one of my favorite parts of being a homemaker.
> However, little children are lots of work, and they are exhausting.
> Even things I enjoy are not what I want to do at the end of the day when
> I am drained and physically worn out.

Not any more, but I've had kids and grand kids living with us at one time or
another. Yes, I've come home from work, picked up kids at sitters, then
cooked a meal, set the table, did the dishes and gave them ice cream for a
snack after their bath. It was a challenge at times, but they got a good
dinner every night and I enjoyed cooking it . I did my share. YMMV
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:

> "Ranee Mueller" > wrote in message
> >>
> >> Sometimes. Many of us enjoy cooking. It is something we do for
> >> pleasure,
> >> not just to eat.

> > Do you have young children?
> >
> > I love to cook, it is one of my favorite parts of being a homemaker.
> > However, little children are lots of work, and they are exhausting.
> > Even things I enjoy are not what I want to do at the end of the day when
> > I am drained and physically worn out.

> Not any more, but I've had kids and grand kids living with us at one time or
> another. Yes, I've come home from work, picked up kids at sitters, then
> cooked a meal, set the table, did the dishes and gave them ice cream for a
> snack after their bath. It was a challenge at times, but they got a good
> dinner every night and I enjoyed cooking it . I did my share. YMMV

Then you are somehow misreading what I and a couple other people were
saying. Cook earlier, get to bed earlier. Not cook garbage, or get
take out or microwave tv dinners.

Trust me when I say, I'm probably doing my share and yours.

Regards,
Ranee

Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/

Menu Planning ravenlynne[_5_] General Cooking 39 21-12-2010 04:50 AM
menu planning hawoof General Cooking 4 24-01-2008 02:27 PM
Menu Planning again biig General Cooking 3 26-04-2006 09:30 PM
Menu Planning? RobtE General Cooking 8 10-06-2005 02:06 PM
Menu planning Peter Aitken General Cooking 4 09-10-2004 10:43 AM