Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What I made for dinner

We tried the Goya rice and black bean mix that I bought. Very easy to
prepare (just boil some water and add the rice and turn the
temperature down to low...) and not bad in flavour and without
MSG/chemical additives, if rather salty. I might have to find a
recipe to make the 'real deal', but it was certainly nicer than some
of the other 'convenience foods' out there.
Because I knew it would be very salty (I could smell it when I mixed
it together) I cooked our chicken fingers with Mrs Dash instead of
salt. I put them in the pan with onion, tomato, celery and thinly
sliced carrots, added water and seasoning, and cooked it on high until
the rice was done.
Yummy, even if DH insisted on salting his plate!