Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Made my own dinner tonight

Melted a lot of butter in a CI frying pan. Dropped in a 5" Mission corn
tortilla, topped with a slice of American cheese. Whisked up an egg, half a
shell of cream and several squirts of hot sauce. Poured that on. Sprinkled
on some FGBP and Kosher salt. Simmered until I had burned the egg on the
bottom, damnit! Before dinner BG 107. One hour PP 108. Luckily, my daughter
knows how to care for cast ironware.

families! I support them at https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 23 Jan 2009 04:35:21 GMT, Nick Cramer >
wrote:

>Melted a lot of butter in a CI frying pan. Dropped in a 5" Mission corn
>tortilla, topped with a slice of American cheese. Whisked up an egg, half a
>shell of cream and several squirts of hot sauce. Poured that on. Sprinkled
>on some FGBP and Kosher salt. Simmered until I had burned the egg on the
>bottom, damnit! Before dinner BG 107. One hour PP 108. Luckily, my daughter
>knows how to care for cast ironware.

LOL! I'd probably use two skillets, one for the tortilla and one for
the egg...

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.3% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nicky > wrote:
> Nick Cramer > wrote:
>
> >Melted a lot of butter in a CI frying pan. Dropped in a 5" Mission corn
> >tortilla, topped with a slice of American cheese. Whisked up an egg,
> >half a shell of cream and several squirts of hot sauce. Poured that on.
> >Sprinkled on some FGBP and Kosher salt. Simmered until I had burned the
> >egg on the bottom, damnit! Before dinner BG 107. One hour PP 108.
> >Luckily, my daughter knows how to care for cast ironware.

> LOL! I'd probably use two skillets, one for the tortilla and one for
> the egg...

Butter was the mistake, Nicky. That's what burned and stuck the tortilla
and everything else to the pan. Next time, I'll fry some bacon first and
use the fat to cook in. I'd hafta add the bacon to my dinner, <sigh>

families! I support them at https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 23 Jan 2009 11:04:19 GMT, Nick Cramer >
wrote:

>Butter was the mistake, Nicky. That's what burned and stuck the tortilla
>and everything else to the pan. Next time, I'll fry some bacon first and
>use the fat to cook in. I'd hafta add the bacon to my dinner, <sigh>

Hard life :P

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.3% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer > wrote:
: Nicky > wrote:
: > Nick Cramer > wrote:
: >
: > >Melted a lot of butter in a CI frying pan. Dropped in a 5" Mission corn
: > >tortilla, topped with a slice of American cheese. Whisked up an egg,
: > >half a shell of cream and several squirts of hot sauce. Poured that on.
: > >Sprinkled on some FGBP and Kosher salt. Simmered until I had burned the
: > >egg on the bottom, damnit! Before dinner BG 107. One hour PP 108.
: > >Luckily, my daughter knows how to care for cast ironware.
: >
: > LOL! I'd probably use two skillets, one for the tortilla and one for
: > the egg...

: Butter was the mistake, Nicky. That's what burned and stuck the tortilla
: and everything else to the pan. Next time, I'll fry some bacon first and
: use the fat to cook in. I'd hafta add the bacon to my dinner, <sigh>

: --
: Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their

If it is a properly seasooned cast iron pan it needs o fat for the coking,
just a bit for flavor.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer wrote:
> Melted a lot of butter in a CI frying pan. Dropped in a 5" Mission corn
> tortilla, topped with a slice of American cheese. Whisked up an egg, half a
> shell of cream and several squirts of hot sauce. Poured that on. Sprinkled
> on some FGBP and Kosher salt. Simmered until I had burned the egg on the
> bottom, damnit! Before dinner BG 107. One hour PP 108. Luckily, my daughter
> knows how to care for cast ironware.

When I get home from the gym I am hungry because I can't eat and then
exercise. My usual "brunch" is an egg beater with either a piece of
nuked bacon or a nuked turkey sausage on a Mission Carb-Balance®
low-carb flour tortilla. I have a little cloth thing that I put the
tortilla in and nuke it for 6 seconds to warm it up.

If I have nuked bacon then I put the tortilla in the paper towels that
the bacon was in.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 23 Jan 2009 11:04:19 GMT, Nick Cramer
> wrote:

>Butter was the mistake, Nicky. That's what burned and stuck the tortilla
>and everything else to the pan. Next time, I'll fry some bacon first and
>use the fat to cook in. I'd hafta add the bacon to my dinner, <sigh>

In the absence of bacon, try adding some olive oil to the
butter. It allows slightly higher heat levels without
burning or sticking but retains the butter flavour.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
--
d&e, metformin 2000 mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com (ADA Accomplishments in 2008)
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote:
> [ . . . ]
> If it is a properly seasooned cast iron pan it needs o fat for the
> coking, just a bit for flavor.

I prolly shouldn't have used anything, Sis. My daughter has the CI's really
well seasoned and takes good care of them. Fortunately, she takes good care
of me, too! ;-)

families! I support them at https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Alan S > wrote:
> Nick Cramer > wrote:
>
> >Butter was the mistake, Nicky. That's what burned and stuck the tortilla
> >and everything else to the pan. Next time, I'll fry some bacon first and
> >use the fat to cook in. I'd hafta add the bacon to my dinner, <sigh>

> In the absence of bacon, try adding some olive oil to the
> butter. It allows slightly higher heat levels without
> burning or sticking but retains the butter flavour.

Thanks, Alan. Olive oil and butter have a nice flavor and texture.

families! I support them at https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Cramer View Post
Melted a lot of butter in a CI frying pan. Dropped in a 5" Mission corn
tortilla, topped with a slice of American cheese. Whisked up an egg, half a
shell of cream and several squirts of hot sauce. Poured that on. Sprinkled
on some FGBP and Kosher salt. Simmered until I had burned the egg on the
bottom, damnit! Before dinner BG 107. One hour PP 108. Luckily, my daughter
knows how to care for cast ironware.

families! I support them at https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Hmmm... Very interesting recipe, I'll try it tomorrow.. I love it because it has a cream, cheese and corn which are my favorite ingredients..