Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Steel Cut Oats

Yesterday my 50 pound sack of steel cut oats arrived from
Honeyvillegrain.com
These oats smell wonderful... McCanns are dry, hard, dusty, and totally
devoid of any odor whatsoever. Last night I set up a full crockful in
my slow cooker (3 cups oats + 14 cups water), this morning I woke up to
the creamiest dreamiest oatmeal I ever tasted. Good bye big rip-off
MaCanns... helloooo, wonderful 85¢/lb Honeyville!

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" > wrote

>Yesterday my 50 pound sack of steel cut oats arrived from
>Honeyvillegrain.com
>These oats smell wonderful...

Sounds great. How will you store it, have a mouseproof
bucket?

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote on 01 Mar 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> Sounds great. How will you store it, have a mouseproof
> bucket?
>
> nancy

How is Ben?

--
-Alan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mr Libido Incognito" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote on 01 Mar 2006 in rec.food.cooking
>
>> Sounds great. How will you store it, have a mouseproof
>> bucket?

> How is Ben?

Probably chewing on someone else's celestial abode.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> "Sheldon" wrote
>
> >Yesterday my 50 pound sack of steel cut oats arrived from
> >Honeyvillegrain.com
> >These oats smell wonderful...

> Sounds great. How will you store it, have a mouseproof
> bucket?

Now that is funny. Anywhere within these walls is mouseproof. I have
six cats. <g>

You see that face... that's all the mouseproof anyone needs. Once
Mooch's fire control locks on any mouse is a goner within
milliseconds... the US military has been after me for years, they don't
have anything comes close. She's been known to time things just right
so she can get two mice at once, Mooch likes to conserve energy... she
doesn't move much but when it's her time to strike she can move quicker
than human eyes can follow. The Special Forces thinks she has Flash
Gorden ray gun eyes, she doesn't even need to move, one look from Mooch
mice simply have a massive coronary.
http://i2.tinypic.com/ou0glv.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:

>> Sounds great. How will you store it, have a mouseproof
>> bucket?

> Now that is funny. Anywhere within these walls is mouseproof. I have
> six cats. <g>
>
> You see that face... that's all the mouseproof anyone needs. Once
> Mooch's fire control locks on any mouse is a goner within
> milliseconds... the US military has been after me for years, they don't
> have anything comes close. She's been known to time things just right
> so she can get two mice at once, Mooch likes to conserve energy... she
> doesn't move much but when it's her time to strike she can move quicker
> than human eyes can follow. The Special Forces thinks she has Flash
> Gorden ray gun eyes, she doesn't even need to move, one look from Mooch
> mice simply have a massive coronary.
> http://i2.tinypic.com/ou0glv.jpg

Now, Mooch does, indeed, have the look. I'll grant you that. (laugh)

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking
BOB BOB is offline

Sheldon wrote:
:: http://i2.tinypic.com/ou0glv.jpg

That looks just like my next door neighbor's cat, also named Mooch!

BOB

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> "Sheldon" > wrote
>
> >Yesterday my 50 pound sack of steel cut oats arrived from
> >Honeyvillegrain.com
> >These oats smell wonderful...

> Sounds great. How will you store it, have a mouseproof
> bucket?
>
> nancy

I store grains and things like that in my freezer....Sharon
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, biig > wrote:

> Nancy Young wrote:
> >
> > "Sheldon" > wrote
> >
> > >Yesterday my 50 pound sack of steel cut oats arrived from
> > >Honeyvillegrain.com
> > >These oats smell wonderful...

> > Sounds great. How will you store it, have a mouseproof
> > bucket?
> >
> > nancy

> I store grains and things like that in my freezer....Sharon

You have the freezer space. ;-)
Not everybody does.

I store a lot of dry goods in the bottom of the refrigerator,
but only because I have a 40 cuf Hobart.......
--
Peace, Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 11:04:48 -0500, biig > wrote:

>Nancy Young wrote:
>>
>> "Sheldon" > wrote
>>
>> >Yesterday my 50 pound sack of steel cut oats arrived from
>> >Honeyvillegrain.com
>> >These oats smell wonderful...

>> Sounds great. How will you store it, have a mouseproof
>> bucket?
>>
>> nancy

> I store grains and things like that in my freezer....Sharon

I have a lot of grains in my freezer, but not 50lbs at a time in
there.

I order my SC oats from Honeyville, too, but pay more and have it
shipped in large metal cans..they look like oversized tomato cans on
steroids. It is sealed and kept fresh until I need them. We store them
in the garage in the cartons they are shipped in and bring them up one
can at a time.

It costs more, but I am not about to schlep 50 lbs of anything
around the house.

Boron

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> > I store grains and things like that in my freezer....Sharon

> You have the freezer space. ;-)
> Not everybody does.
>
> I store a lot of dry goods in the bottom of the refrigerator,
> but only because I have a 40 cuf Hobart.......
> --
> Peace, Om.
>
> "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." -Jack Nicholson

I do have a large freezer luckily. But it's full because I have all
that stuff in it. I usually stock up on freezable stuff when it's on
sale and I'm constantly juggling things around to make them
fit...lol... At least this way, I know whats in it. ....Sharon
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pussy Katz wrote:

> Which of course what you say makes McCann's *mick* douchebags.

**** you, ya filthy kike shit-eater.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

You're a retard.

Those oats will go moldy long before you can eat a quarter of them.

And you'll probably die before that.

--Blair

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blair wrote:

> You're a retard.
>
> Those oats will go moldy long before you can eat a quarter of them.
>
> And you'll probably die before that.

You were responding to Sheldon, weren't you?

Bob