Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Duplicating Thai Kitchen quick meals

I have bought the Tha Kitchen rice noodle meals that take 4 minutes to
cook. You microwave the noodles and then add a seasoning packet. They
are really good. It seems to me though that they are giving you a few
cents worth of noodles and seasonings for $1+. Does anyone have any
recipes that would duplicate any of their rice noodle meals?

Since the seasoning packet is all dried spices, it seems like you could
mix up a big batch and just add it to noodles you cook whenever you
want a quick and tasty meal and don't have time to be chopping and
dicing fresh garlic, ginger, onion, etc.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mike C wrote:
> I have bought the Tha Kitchen rice noodle meals that take 4 minutes to
> cook. You microwave the noodles and then add a seasoning packet. They
> are really good. It seems to me though that they are giving you a few
> cents worth of noodles and seasonings for $1+. Does anyone have any
> recipes that would duplicate any of their rice noodle meals?
>
> Since the seasoning packet is all dried spices, it seems like you could
> mix up a big batch and just add it to noodles you cook whenever you
> want a quick and tasty meal and don't have time to be chopping and
> dicing fresh garlic, ginger, onion, etc.

IMHO those instant things aren't even close to the taste you get when
you cook with fresh ingredients.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I agree, but if you have only have 10 minutes, you only have 10
minutes. I don't buy any frozen foods or prepared meals in general, but
I find these to be palatable in a pinch.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mike C wrote:

> I agree, but if you have only have 10 minutes, you only have 10
> minutes. I don't buy any frozen foods or prepared meals in general, but
> I find these to be palatable in a pinch.

I am pondering essentially the same thing--but based on our
recent discovery of Simply Asian noodle bowls. Seems to me
one could get fresh noodles (preferably Asian), split them
into bundles about the same size as one is accustomed to (just
for cooking time purposes), put a bit of water on the bottom
of the cooking dish, add the noodles, drizzle with sauce of
one's choosing (I'm thinking one could come up with more
palatable ones), cover loosely, and nuke.... I think the
results would be better than the packaged noodles....

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mike C wrote:
> I agree, but if you have only have 10 minutes, you only have 10
> minutes. I don't buy any frozen foods or prepared meals in general, but
> I find these to be palatable in a pinch.

I will relate what I do. Prepare extra quantities of whatever your
favorite food might be and put it in single serving containers to be
nuked as needed (soups work especially well this way). Leftovers are
still 10x better than space food.

When You Only Have A Little Time (Quick Meals) nvwebcook General Cooking 9 21-08-2008 07:52 PM
Making Quick Meals BizMan Barbecue 3 22-02-2008 12:04 AM
Two quick meals Michel[_2_] General Cooking 0 12-01-2008 06:50 PM
Quick simple meals Bargain52.com General Cooking 15 02-12-2005 04:52 PM
Quick and easy meals? Michael General Cooking 12 21-12-2004 11:12 PM