Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default When You Only Have A Little Time (Quick Meals)

I am sure that everyone has had these experiences. You work a bit late
at work and head home just dragging from tiredness. Walking through
the door instead of just being able to put your feet up, there are
three hungry children; one needs help with homework and the other two
need to be driven to activities (to be picked up later of course).

So......what's for dinner???
Quick and Tasty

http://www.internationalcookingportal.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

nvwebcook wrote:
> I am sure that everyone has had these experiences. You work a bit late
> at work and head home just dragging from tiredness. Walking through
> the door instead of just being able to put your feet up, there are
> three hungry children; one needs help with homework and the other two
> need to be driven to activities (to be picked up later of course).
>
> So......what's for dinner???
> Quick and Tasty
>

> http://www.spamline.com

steak, rice and salad- start grill heating, start rice cooking,just toss
steaks on grill and mix up the salad. Voila. Easy meal.

lamb chops and roast veggies- just season and roast, grill or bake as
desired.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba > wrote in message
> nvwebcook wrote:
>> I am sure that everyone has had these experiences.
>> You work a bit late at work and head home just
>> dragging from tiredness. Walking through the door
>> instead of just being able to put your feet up, there
>> are three hungry children; one needs help with
>> homework and the other two need to be driven
>> to activities (to be picked up later of course).
>>
>> So......what's for dinner???

[snip]
> steak, rice and salad- start grill heating, start rice
> cooking, just toss steaks on grill and mix up the
> salad. Voila. Easy meal.
>
> lamb chops and roast veggies-just season and
> roast, grill or bake as desired.

I'd immediately wonder why the SO was sitting waiting for
someone else to fix the meal, if was so quick-and-easy.

With two competent teenangsters, mealtime is now easily divided
up among the adults and kids. Everyone gets to prep and set the
menu throughout the week. It's now difficult to get extra time
in our kitchen!

Last night, Daughter-unit Beta cooked up a single-pan rice and
chicken dish. 30 minutes start to finish.

Sunday evening, Spawn, a Decade old now, made quesadillas for
everyone. Mine contained green onions and jalapeños; which
allowed me to remind her of the importance of _scrubbing_ her
fingertips after cutting both. 20 minutes total time for that
meal to be made.

Saturday, Daughter-unit Alpha made Chinese Chicken Salad.
Abso-frikkin'-delicious! Again, 30 minutes start to finish.

The Ranger

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"nvwebcook" > wrote in message
>I am sure that everyone has had these experiences. You work a bit late
> at work and head home just dragging from tiredness. Walking through
> the door instead of just being able to put your feet up, there are
> three hungry children; one needs help with homework and the other two
> need to be driven to activities (to be picked up later of course).
>
> So......what's for dinner???
> Quick and Tasty
>

> http://www.internationalcookingportal.com

SPAM!

SCRAM!

SCAM!

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

nvwebcook > wrote:

> http://www.internationalcookingspam.com

WOw. 9 recipes, only one of which would be considered a main dish.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

nvwebcook wrote:

> I am sure that everyone has had these experiences. You work a bit late
> at work and head home just dragging from tiredness. Walking through
> the door instead of just being able to put your feet up, there are
> three hungry children; one needs help with homework and the other two
> need to be driven to activities (to be picked up later of course).
>
> So......what's for dinner???

<snip spam>

Steak fajitas. Dinner's on the table in less than ten minutes.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 19, 2:52*pm, nvwebcook > wrote:
> I am sure that everyone has had these experiences. You work a bit late
> at work and head home just dragging from tiredness. Walking through
> the door instead of just being able to put your feet up, there are
> three hungry children; one needs help with homework and the other two
> need to be driven to activities (to be picked up later of course).
>
> So......what's for dinner???
> Quick and Tasty
>
> http://www.internationalcookingportal.com

Cereal. Or eggs & toast. Or weird stuff like coconut cream pie and a
glass of milk. Or a tomato and cottage cheese on lettuce. Or a
grilled cheese sandwich.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tonight was one of those quickie meal nights. Besides it having been my
bowling day, I had several errands to run. Dinner was a package of
Romain lettuce, diced cucumber, tomato and scallion (green onion) along
with two diced hardboiled eggs, 8 large cooked shrimp in large dice,
some diced Colby-Jack cheese, a couple of slices of ham and a couple
slices of smoked turkey lunch meat also diced. Mixed it all together in
a big wooden salad bowl. Made a Russian dressing from mayo, ketchup and
pickle relish with a dash of Worcestershire and a dash of granulated
garlic. I am stuffed!

Sometimes I use blue cheese chunks or gorgonzola chunks instead of
cutting up other cheeses. One can add olives, chick peas, radishes, or
whatever to the salad.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Posted to rec.food.cooking

http://www.internalSpam.com

> SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM beautiful Spam !

Isn't that supposed to be....
spam spam spam spam lovely spam, beautiful spam? But, we do get the point.

Making Quick Meals BizMan Barbecue 3 21-02-2008 11:04 PM
Two quick meals Michel[_2_] General Cooking 0 12-01-2008 05:50 PM
Duplicating Thai Kitchen quick meals Mike C General Cooking 4 27-02-2006 02:57 PM
Quick simple meals Bargain52.com General Cooking 15 02-12-2005 03:52 PM
Quick and easy meals? Michael General Cooking 12 21-12-2004 10:12 PM