Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Two quick meals

Yesterday: Vietnamese roll-ups

I sautéed chicken meat cut into strips lightly dusted with garam
masala, red and green peppers until roasted, same with white
(purple top) turnip julienned with fresh ginger, and slightly
wilted bean sprouts. I also prepared cucumber pieces (cut
lengthwise. I soaked the rice paper until it was soft and served
all the parts in separate small bowls with a hoisin satay sauce I
bought pre-made (to save time).

My wife particularly liked the white turnip with ginger.

Variant: you could serve this with a spicy peanut sauce:

1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp. preferred hot sauce (I use chili garlic sauce)

http://www.importfood.com/sahf1802.html

Mix all ingredients until smooth. Serve.

=========

This morning: My world-famous Saturday morning egg sandwich with
the works

You need:

Single grain sourdough bread (this morning it was barley bread)
Two half slices organic thick cut bacon
Slice of soy cheese
Roasted red pepper, to taste
One egg
Basil, two leaves, chopped (per egg)
pinch salt

Toast bread to your preference so that it is done before the egg.

Cook bacon until crispish or to your taste. Cook egg in a bit of
bacon fat, with pinch salt, until browned slightly on the
underside. Sprinkle basil over yolk and break, turn over for
about 30 seconds.

Place soy cheese on toast. Add bacon, egg, and on other slice,
spread out the roasted red pepper. Make into sandwich

Eat hot with a cup of coffee.

Variant: My wife prefers her yolk runny so I don't break it.

--

"What difference does it make to the dead, the
orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad

Mohandas K. Gandhi

When You Only Have A Little Time (Quick Meals) nvwebcook General Cooking 9 21-08-2008 07:52 PM
Making Quick Meals BizMan Barbecue 3 21-02-2008 11:04 PM
Duplicating Thai Kitchen quick meals Mike C General Cooking 4 27-02-2006 02:57 PM
Quick simple meals Bargain52.com General Cooking 15 02-12-2005 03:52 PM
Quick and easy meals? Michael General Cooking 12 21-12-2004 10:12 PM