Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Protein grams and portion control??? Pastorio?

In article >, Andy <q> wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote in news:Omelet-
> :
>
> > In article >, Andy <q> wrote:
> >
> >> OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote in news:Omelet-

:

> >> Please explain!
> >>
> >> Andy

> > Hemoglobin A1C shows your average glucose (blood sugar) levels over the
> > past 90 days.
> >
> > A far, far more accurate estimation of Insulin resistance, and
> > developing type II Diabetes.
> >
> > My Endocrinologist uses it exclusively. :-)

> Om,
>
> So I ask a for cholesterol/triglyceride/hemoglobin A1C bloodwork exam? Is
> there any redundancy in this bloodwork?
>
> Andy

No....... ;-)

Fasting Glucose is rendered obsolete by the HA1C is all. It's a common
request since the blood lipid profile (Cholesterol, Triglycerides, HDL
Cholesterol and LDL) is usually done fasting.

However, it can't hurt, A1C is a separate test from the common blood
profiles.

The Comprehensive profile we run does NOT include lipids, which you
need, but does test liver and kidney function, along with electrolytes.

Discuss the options with your doctor for the profiles your local lab
runs. Most are regulated somewhat by medicare compensation standards.
Even your health insurance tends to be influenced by that.

And never, NEVER be afraid to ask your doctor for what you want! You'd
be well advised to do some googling, but cross reference cross reference
cross reference!!! A LOT of stuff on the 'net is crap! But you already
know that.

Hope this helps? :-)

Dr. R. usually orders:

Comprehensive profile
Lipid profile
CBC (complete blood count)
ESR (Erythrocyte sedimentation rate)
T4, TSH, T3 uptake (thyroid function tests)
HA1C

That's reasonably thorough....

Just make sure your insurance will cover it all!!!!!!!!!

I have a thyroid problem, so I also get a Total T3 and free T3.

Most of her male patients I've seen come thru also get Testosterone
levels depending on their age.
--
Peace, Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote in news:Omelet-
:

> Just make sure your insurance will cover it all!!!!!!!!!

I haven't had med insurance in decades. Medical has always been a tax
deduction.

Probably a biggest mistake!

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

on line.......

> OTOH, if you were to take the average medical insurance cost per month,
> place it with a Raymond James broker and have it put into Mutual funds,
> you may come out ahead.
>
> I have insurance thru the hospital I work for. Most premiums are
> prohibitive, mine is only about $60.00 per month. Yours would most
> likely be around $300.00 and have an assinine deductibe. :-(
>
> An investment with interest and only carry catastrophic insurance could
> save you a bundle??????
> --
> Peace, Om.

geez, you guys are likely. Our medical insurance rates increased from
$175-per-month in 2005 to $700-per-month January 2006.
And the coverage is much less -- way less! $525 extra out of a retiree's
paycheck per month.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Dee Randall" > wrote:

> on line.......
> >
> > OTOH, if you were to take the average medical insurance cost per month,
> > place it with a Raymond James broker and have it put into Mutual funds,
> > you may come out ahead.
> >
> > I have insurance thru the hospital I work for. Most premiums are
> > prohibitive, mine is only about $60.00 per month. Yours would most
> > likely be around $300.00 and have an assinine deductibe. :-(
> >
> > An investment with interest and only carry catastrophic insurance could
> > save you a bundle??????
> > --
> > Peace, Om.
> >

> geez, you guys are likely. Our medical insurance rates increased from
> $175-per-month in 2005 to $700-per-month January 2006.
> And the coverage is much less -- way less! $525 extra out of a retiree's
> paycheck per month.
> Dee Dee

I'm lucky. My Health insurance is part of my benefits package where I
work at the hospital. :-) They deduct $30.00 from my paycheck twice per
month for it and the co-pays are affordable.

They used to give it to us for free, but that changed......

One of the nice things about working in a hospital and having to use
_their_ facilities, you know everybody and know which doctors to avoid.
<G>
--
Peace, Om.

portion control T[_8_] Diabetic 1 04-05-2016 12:25 PM
Speaking of portion control... Mark[_26_] General Cooking 0 28-09-2010 06:03 PM
Protein source for breakfast other than eggs, meat, or protein powder amandaF General Cooking 177 09-03-2009 07:33 PM
Portion control - corn tortilla chips Nick Cramer Diabetic 14 04-08-2008 09:47 PM
Portion Control Pays Off in Weight Loss None Given Diabetic 3 31-10-2004 04:48 PM